Play-off Final: Derby County v Queens Park Rangers

CumbrianRam

Just a point,but doesn't 'arry deserve a lot of credit for that result?I was impressed.

Where he deserves credit. he offloaded 18 players who didnt want to be at LR. Put together a few seasoned pros and achieved the end goal of promotion. The accident of bringing Mac to the club, turned out to be  apiece of genius (if you get what I mean!)

After jan, when we suffered a multitude of injuries, which shouldnt have been a problem, but our large squad was not necessarily talented to any great depth, the team spirit went. Something changed. In part ot harry, in part to a sports psychologist called Steve Black.  The players started to play as a team again, and in many ways peaked at the right time.

Like any fan, I think I can do the job better than the manager. His selections, known as the 'arry tombola, baffle us weekly. maybe he does know what he is doing.

If you are interested, and no reason why you should be, but this is quite insightful   http://www1.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/competitions/championship/9323647/redknapp-and-redknapp

harry's true test comes next season. He failed, despite time and money, to keep us up. he has rectified many of the problems, but promotion brings a whole load more new ones.

We both have new seasons to look forward to. Yours, if I am honest, looks to be more entertaining and rewarding

• Replies 789
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just a point,but doesn't 'arry deserve a lot of credit for that result?I was impressed.

Do you think so? Watching his post match interview he came across as ever so thankful they sneaked a winner but had no idea how they did it.

We were naive , mate , it was obvious to me that QPR were going to go 'gung ho' for the winner in the last minute.

If that didn't work QPR would have seen out extra time (till the last minute) , gone gung ho again ..

Last resort/hope for you would have been the lottery of penalties..

Gung ho?

Capitalised on a series of mistakes, play the exact incident again and they would end up scoring about 1 in a thousand. 

They didnt go 'gung ho' for a goal at all. 

Do you think so? Watching his post match interview he came across as ever so thankful they sneaked a winner but had no idea how they did it.

Ladyram I think he was being modest,honestly.He always comes over like that,possibly

patronising,but I think hes genuine.I have never ever heard him rubbish anyone,ever.However

his gameplan was spot on,he even got his plan B right when they went down to 10 men,rightly or

wrongly I respect him.Another manager and we would have pissed them.

Gung ho?

Capitalised on a series of mistakes, play the exact incident again and they would end up scoring about 1 in a thousand. 

They didnt go 'gung ho' for a goal at all. 

Gung Ho , by their standards .. :rolleyes:

He seemed nice enough yep, and I see what you mean. If making it so hard to get through his defence was indeed his plan, he managed it, he's done his homework...But I reckon he thanked LadyLuck for their goal, their only shot on target in fact. I'm sure that bit wasn't part of his tactics

;-)

Ladyram I think he was being modest,honestly.He always comes over like that,possibly

patronising,but I think hes genuine.I have never ever heard him rubbish anyone,ever.However

his gameplan was spot on,he even got his plan B right when they went down to 10 men,rightly or

wrongly I respect him.Another manager and we would have pissed them.

Lol.

We gave them the goal, he or QPR done f*ck all to 'create' the goal'. It was one in a million that they won that game in normal or extra time, their only hope was penalties 99% of the time. 

Another manager would have made f*ck all difference. 

Lol.

We gave them the goal, he or QPR done f*ck all to 'create' the goal'. It was one in a million that they won that game in normal or extra time, their only hope was penalties 99% of the time. 

Another manager would have made f*ck all difference.]

Million to one against QPR scoring eh,wish I could have found a bookie in Derby offering

those odds,I would have lumped on without hindsight,you must be a millionaire,mate.

After they went down to 10 was what I implied.

noun
harsh or bitter derision or irony.
a sharply ironical taunt; sneering or cutting remark:

If they had another manager they would have won the league. 

Or finished bottom.'arry set his team out to nullify our attacking threat down the flanks

pacy,quick passing keeping the ball on the ground.Also to contain Hughes.He also had

to adjust to losing Kransjar(whatever his name is) early on,then deal with 10 men.He did it

successfully,he kept a clean sheet,and scored a goal,bit flukey but you make your own luck

as they say.His game plan worked,shrewd,experianced manager.Wish he was the England

manager,we would be in the premier league,England may have got out of the group stages.

Funny thing whoever we played in the play-offs people on here would have found ways of

vilifying the opposing manager,when you get to my age you get over that and learn to see

the bigger picture.

Or finished bottom.'arry set his team out to nullify our attacking threat down the flanks

pacy,quick passing keeping the ball on the ground.Also to contain Hughes.He also had

to adjust to losing Kransjar(whatever his name is) early on,then deal with 10 men.He did it

successfully,he kept a clean sheet,and scored a goal,bit flukey but you make your own luck

as they say.His game plan worked,shrewd,experianced manager.Wish he was the England

manager,we would be in the premier league,England may have got out of the group stages.

Funny thing whoever we played in the play-offs people on here would have found ways of

vilifying the opposing manager,when you get to my age you get over that and learn to see

the bigger picture.

I've wondered for ages what the sports journalists see in 'Arry and why they think that the sun shines from his @rse. You seem to be a great fan, perhaps you can explain?

the bigger picture.

I would like to know what his 'game plan' was that you're talking about.

Our crosses were poor on the day, was that Harry Redknapp's doing?

We missed at least three good chances in the second half, was that Harry Redknapp's doing?

They scored from three awful defensive errors from three seperate Derby County players, was that Harry Redknapp's doing?

His plan A was to lump the ball forward to Austin which failed as they never had a single shot on target until our errors gifted them their one and only shot on target.

His plan B after the sending off was to put everyone on the 18-yard line and mop up crosses with his 6ft 3inch central defenders - the easiest tactic in the world which only works around 1/10 attempts.

If Harry Redknapp was a Derby County manager instead of Steve McClaren we would have finished outside the playoffs let alone third - our style of football will go so much further than Harry Redknapp's 'I didn't even see us scoring' tactic.

the bigger picture.

Not at all.

Rosler has done a brilliant job at Wigan and I like him. Garcia done brilliantly to get Brighton in the play offs with all their injuries throughout the season.

Bris has already tore the rest of the post apart so I shouldnt bother. I just hope Muespach doesnt see it, tell everyone how brilliant David Beckham is and he'll be forced to reply.

Been on a few of their boards including Loft for words, supposedly the sensible/ballanced one.

Not exactly gracious in victory are they?

Most have come to the conclusion that all the press reports which wholeheartedly describe the result as a bit of a travesty are the result of some sort of Derby bias conspiracy by reporters that couldn't actually see that they were the better side who got a well earned victory.

Been on a few of their boards including Loft for words, supposedly the sensible/ballanced one.

Not exactly gracious in victory are they?

Most have come to the conclusion that all the press reports which wholeheartedly describe the result as a bit of a travesty are the result of some sort of Derby bias conspiracy by reporters that couldn't actually see that they were the better side who got a well earned victory.

Clueless, just like we were when we beat West Bromwich Albion I guess.

Archived