Play-off Final: Derby County v Queens Park Rangers

CumbrianRam

• Replies 789
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The idea that Loftus road has a tiny pitch is often mentioned. Actually as you state our pitch isn't that small. It's just that the stands are so close to the pitch side that it feels smaller than it actually is.

In terms of area it's about 6% smaller. The amount of running a pro player does in a match 6% is massive.

For once i'm confident we will lose, it will be on penalties...... and i will have had a coronary by then

2-2 Bryson fgs

and with all this fuss with Rolf etc, im glad Suk Young isnt going to be in the headlines for once :rolleyes:

How is that liekly to make such a difference? I can p!ss the length of 2 metres.

Can't bloody believe this has been on here for nearly two hours, and no one's batted an eyelid.

Call me a doubting Thomas, but I'm going to have to see it to believe it. Anybody have any footage?

Can't bloody believe this has been on here for nearly two hours, and no one's batted an eyelid.

Call me a doubting Thomas, but I'm going to have to see it to believe it. Anybody have any footage?

10 pints without going then let rip, not a bother.

Yun Suk-Young's out, isn't he? The South Korean FA aren't letting him play or something.

Also, how can you get so many of your own players' names wrong?

Ha ha yes a bit poor.  In my defence the Korean lad has only played a couple of games for us at home and started a couple away so I've not spelt it before.  As for Ekotto I've only ever used BAE when posting but wasn't sure on a Derby site you'd know what I meant.  That and a being dog tired having two you kids and having been working virtually every day for the last month.  Be a lot easier if we had a few Smiths!

It sounds like such a cliche, but It's really all about who rises to the occasion, or more likely, who settles down the quickest.

Not many of our lads will have played in an occasion as big as this and it'll literally take their breaths away,

I'm just a little bit worried about us defending the left hand side, Hoilett (sp?) has got bags of pace and likes to knock it past his fullback, and I think a lot will depend on his early battles with Forsyth who for all of his qualities,  can take a while to get settled into a game.

I was pretty impressed watching  parts of QPR's game against Wigan. Onuha in particular, was immense and immaculate at the same time.

I still think if we turn up and play, we'll have far too much pace for them. It doesn't matter which front 5 he picks, they;ve all got goals in them and they're all a threat.

If we ALL turn up and play our game,  they won't live with us. QPR's only hope is that we freeze or have a moment of madness.

To quote ronnie;

Not many of our lads will have played in an occasion as big as this and it'll literally take their breaths away,

Who, in our team, has run out at Wembley?

Obviously, Steve McClaren has a good idea of what it's like - but the rest of them?

Martin with Norwich?

Did Keogh?

Not always a bad thing I don't spose.

It sounds like such a cliche, but It's really all about who rises to the occasion, or more likely, who settles down the quickest.

I'm just a little bit worried about us defending the left hand side, Hoilett (sp?) has got bags of pace and likes to knock it past his fullback, and I think a lot will depend on his early battles with Forsyth who for all of his qualities,  can take a while to get settled into a game.

I was pretty impressed watching  parts of QPR's game against Wigan. Onuha in particular, was immense and immaculate at the same time.

I still think if we turn up and play, we'll have far too much pace for them. It doesn't matter which front 5 he picks, they;ve all got goals in them and they're all a threat.

If we ALL turn up and play our game,  they won't live with us. QPR's only hope is that we freeze or have a moment of madness.

Hoilett, as he is affectionately known to us as Toilet, tends to run the ball off the park... a glimmer of hope playing on a longer pitch at Wembley?

Ned is known as Chief... taking rivalries out of this, he is exactly the kind of player who would make a wonderful role model to younger players. Well spoken and polite, intelligent (bags of A grade GSCEs and Alevels, put family before career, in that he didnt want to leave Manchester while his mother was dying (though she persuaded him he should), and all this despite coming from a single parent background. He is truly admired down here, on and off the pitch.

Will be interesting to see how each manager lines their teams up for Wembley. 'Arry will get it wrong and we will have enforced subs at half time... happens nearly every week...Yawn

To quote ronnie;

Who, in our team, has run out at Wembley?

Obviously, Steve McClaren has a good idea of what it's like - but the rest of them?

Martin with Norwich?

Did Keogh?

Not always a bad thing I don't spose.

Ward played in the 2009 play off final against Burnley

Got sent of mind, two hand balls!

It really is QPR's to lose, we are ahead of schedule and QPR have under achieved.  Our lads should use it as a warm up for next years play-off final, after all 99.9% of the fan base is over the moon for them to get to the final, many would have taken 7th and been above the gumptards.

However it would be embarassing for Harry if we won.

Archived