Player Suggestion Thread - Summer 2014

oomarkwright

@SSTimPearson: Continued - Today's #transfertalk collum; Hibbert to Doncaster Rovers, Clint Hill to Derby County & Bakary Sako to Villa. #AVFC #DRFC #DCFC

The account seems legit but I'm not sure

It seems like a boy crying wolf, he doesn't seem genuine and wouldn't know any more than any of us, in my opinion.

Which I'm glad, because if we signed Clint Hill I would be gutted. We'd be better off with Ish Miller.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Following the potential move of Cesc to Chelsea, is it unfathomable to suggest Van Ginkel if we miss out on Thorne?

He'd be 5th choice in a battle for two positions. 

Mourinho seems to trust McClaren, although I'd guess Vitesse will be favourite.

Following the potential move of Cesc to Chelsea, is it unfathomable to suggest Van Ginkel if we miss out on Thorne?

He'd be 5th choice in a battle for two positions. 

Mourinho seems to trust McClaren, although I'd guess Vitesse will be favourite.

Won't want him to drop down that much I'd have thought, would definitely have been possible if we'd gone up though.

Won't want him to drop down that much I'd have thought, would definitely have been possible if we'd gone up though.

Absolutely, I think McClaren will be very selective on the coach that gets him, mind. Which is why I think we've got a very small hope.

Van Ginkel is very much one for the future, more so than Chalobah..etc so, I doubt he'll want him joining a 'Pulis, Allerdyce...etc' type.

Everton, maybe, but they may aim a touch higher.

George Thorne definitely for DM - he's class and his heart's not with WBA

Max Lowe to cover for full backs

Lewis Dunk as a new CB - young and would work well alongside Keogh (who has been a talisman and we should keep!)

John Brayford back to the Rams for RB

and maybe..

Kazenga LuaLua for a winger - he's got a little bit of PL experience, he's quick and can score goals

^Any of these would make my day!

George Thorne definitely for DM - he's class and his heart's not with WBA

Max Lowe to cover for full backs

Lewis Dunk as a new CB - young and would work well alongside Keogh (who has been a talisman and we should keep!)

John Brayford back to the Rams for RB

and maybe..

Kazenga LuaLua for a winger - he's got a little bit of PL experience, he's quick and can score goals

^Any of these would make my day!

Are you joking???

Dunk is a huge step backwards from Buxton and I honestly believe we can do better than Brayford. If those 2 were in our starting lineup for defence we would concede goals left right and centre. 

LuaLua has scored 11 goals in 136 appearances so hardly a ''goal-scoring winger'' and is widely known as being hugely inconsistent. Ward is streets ahead and I still believe we can do better than Ward. 

I'd be interested to see if Nathan Dyer was available from Swansea. He's not a regular there but I have always been impressed by him.

He's a good shout. I agree always been impressed with him at Prem level so would probably tear up teams with his pace in the Championship. If his wages aren't too high he would be ideal.

What about Gabriel Obertan from Newcastle? Granted, he hasn't played much recently but if we signed him early and he got a good pre-season then I reckon he could be a real coup for us. Doubt he's be that expensive either as Newcastle probably want rid as he's getting nowhere near their first team.

What about Gabriel Obertan from Newcastle? Granted, he hasn't played much recently but if we signed him early and he got a good pre-season then I reckon he could be a real coup for us. Doubt he's be that expensive either as Newcastle probably want rid as he's getting nowhere near their first team.

He has a weird point on the top of his head though...would deflate a ball if he tried to header it! Good winger, but as you say his lack of match time in last 18 months may mean he is well off the pace, and wages will still be big compared to us

He has a weird point on the top of his head though...would deflate a ball if he tried to header it! Good winger, but as you say his lack of match time in last 18 months may mean he is well off the pace, and wages will still be big compared to us

I fully agree. However, if we could get him back up to speed quickly, then I believe he could be one of the best players in the Championship. Also, he might consider a wage cut if he gets regular football.

Obertan? Seriously? He's awful. Oh, but he made 14 appearances for United so he must be half decent.

14 goals and 12 assists in 172 games. Roughly 1 in 12 in terms of goalscoring. Been a part of 26 goals in his entire club career. Chris Martin has scored that many this season not counting assists. 

Obertan? Seriously? He's awful. Oh, but he made 14 appearances for United so he must be half decent.

I agree in part, but I would trust Steve if he did bring him in, that with coaching and a drop in division might spark the ability that the Utd scouts saw in him (you know, the same quality Djemba Djemba had)

Archived