Player Suggestion Thread - Summer 2014

oomarkwright

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Reading in financial meltdown. Any players you fancy?

Hal Robson Kanu

Despite their reputation, there isn't many of their players I'd really, really want.

Jem Karacan is a very good player, but I don't know what the situation with his injury is.

Alex Pearce, Chris sausageer and Gareth McCleary could do a 'job'. 

Alex McCarthy is an extremely good keeper, international standard IMO, but I fancy him to go to Arsenal. 

Danny Guthrie would be a decent option if Thorne looks unlikely.

All in all, it's all a bit meh. 

Does anyone have any info on Mark Duffy, thought he was exceptional at the IPRO for Doncaster (played right midfield/ winger). Great control, neat & tidy passing, good crosses!, tricky with an eye for goal. Was surprised when he was only a sub when we went to the Keepmoat. He might be a bit inconsistent but based on his performance at the IPRO I would be interested in having him in our squad to provide further wide quality cover. Wardy finished the season well but he is injury prone. Thoughts?

Does anyone have any info on Mark Duffy, thought he was exceptional at the IPRO for Doncaster (played right midfield/ winger). Great control, neat & tidy passing, good crosses!, tricky with an eye for goal. Was surprised when he was only a sub when we went to the Keepmoat. He might be a bit inconsistent but based on his performance at the IPRO I would be interested in having him in our squad to provide further wide quality cover. Wardy finished the season well but he is injury prone. Thoughts?

Not a rumour so merged into our player suggestion thread

A part of me just wants to say club transfer policy would be don't sign anyone under the age of 20. This season was made because of talented youth, and a blend championship experience. Just sign a load of premier league teen sensations. It's nice to see young players developing too, I hope McClaren and the club keep the academy going and keep the emphasis on youth. Say get one academy player into the team every season. The season I don't think we need LB is because of Max Lowe! he's going to be the next big young star for us.and I hope the in 2-3 seasons Hendrick, Hughes, Bennett, Lowe, are the kind of players we build our squad around. Young, nurtured home grown talent. Especially if we go up, because it's a contradiction to all the money thrown around. When we get Academy 1 status we will be in an even stronger position to develop the academy. Sorry for the rant.

So when I make suggestions, is Max Lowe legitimate for LB cover, it would be fair to give him a chance. Forsyth played every single game last season, so I'd argue it would be a better option than promote a promising young player into the team for cover in a pretty much covered position (barring Forsyth getting injured) than wasting a small amount of money on effectively an older cover player. I think it's fair to give the lad a chance. I'm sure McClaren will make that judgement.

Archived