Bucko wins Club Player of the Year Award

ladyram

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Almost makes me forget Bucko time. What a guy to come so far since then really opens your eyes to what a person can achive, Non league to cult hero. Take a bow Jack Buxton

Ahh Bucko time. The only time it ever worked for Nigel when he went defensive, I don't we think we dropped a single point during Bucko Time did we?

Just found this, did he ever say he fell in love with us? We know your beard is ginger!

John Brayford is hoping to stay at Sheffield United beyond his current loan deal after admitting he has "fallen in love" with the League One club.

The 26-year-old, who joined from Cardiff until the end of the season, has established himself as a regular in defence at Bramall Lane and manager Nigel Clough has already stated he would like to keep the full-back.

Brayford endured a frustrating start to life at Cardiff, failing to make a Premier League appearance before heading out on loan in pursuit of regular football in January.

Prior to making the switch to Cardiff, Brayford worked with Clough during his spells at Burton Albion and then Derby County, and he says their relationship was a big factor in his decision to drop down the divisions.

"I only really came here for the gaffer, having played for him at my two previous clubs," said Brayford.

"But I'm enjoying every minute of being here. I feel privileged to have been given the chance to play for this club.

"The lads in the dressing room are fantastic and the fans are different class.

"I would really welcome the chance to be here again next season because I have fallen in love with this club."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11704/9274911/transfer-news-john-brayford-eyeing-sheffield-united-stay-after-loan-from-cardiff

brayford a first class player a first class person and respects the good in other people and buxton as proved what clough and others thought the lad got heart n quality

some people on here have no respect and have to use bad language to make a bad point

brayford played well whilst at derby can we not let him pursue  his career

just a small point all the awards went to cloughs cheap signings

the majority of the team is still that assembled by the old guard

be nice if people would leave the past behind just for a while

and lets see what the future holds and how the present set up unfolds

at the moment its just new coaches but quality ones

I'd like to think I have a big heart like Super Jake Buxton, so I love them all, Bucko, Brayford & Clough.

And if they don't love me, I'm OK with that, they can all enjoy a loved up threesome and I bet Jake ends up on top!!!

Feel the love, the love for Super Jake Buxton.

"Super......Super Jake

Super......Super Jake

Super......Super Jake Buxton"........Sing Up.......I can't hear you......Sing Up For The Rams........

PS.......Paul Jewel your not invited!

Brayford "fans are different class".

Me coffee nearly came down me nose reading that bit.

LR, you'll not be surprised to know that I'm taking a passing interest in the Blades. Not trying to cause a row here, just a lovely little debate.

I've got to say the fans have been like nothing I've ever seen. They've taken to Brayford in a way that Derby fans never really did. I'm not saying Derby fans didn't love the Bray but over at Sheffield United the lad is a legend in the making. He's GOT to love that. He was down on his arse at Cardiff and needed a lift. Him joining the Blades was pretty much the catalyst for everything that has happened to them since. He loves them and they love him. 

I think the fact Sheffield United were where they were, has actually made the job for Nige and the Bray much easier. They're desperate for someone, anyone to wake them up, Nige has landed on his feet there cos they really were at rock bottom, he'll be hero worshipped as the guy who saved them.

We all saw Brayfords style when he came to Derby and we all loved his swashbuckling marauding runs. Imagine when you're desperate for any kind of spark and a player like Brayford comes to the club.  The lift was visible from the first game.

I'm not expecting any love for Bray or any love for Nige, but I still don't get the lingering feeling of bitterness. It's bizarre.

Bray did his bit for the rams, never let us down and was sold for a profit.

Absolutely bewildered by some comments on here regarding Brayford. He enjoyed his time here, he had a good relationship with the fans but moved on to the Premier league. That didn't work out as he had hoped so teamed up with his old manager and is happy at Sheffield United - where is the problem? Do you feel unloved or something? Players move on, managers and coaches move on, it is the nature of the game. The only constant is the nucleus of the fan base.

Guess that with this being a successful season, we have to get creative about things to whinge and argue about. Sheffield United players enjoying their careers and congratulating their Derby mates over awards. I like that one.

Archived