Jeff Hendrick

HeyHudson

I've been in Dublin this weekend and got talking football with a taxi driver. Said driver claimed to be Jeff Hendrick's cousin and reported (from Jeff himself apparently) that if we don't go up this year, he's off to Villa.

If the cabbie was indeed spinning yarns, claiming to be Jeff's cousin would be quite an obscure one to pick. It's not as if Derby County or Jeff Hendrick are particularly big names over here (alright he has a couple of caps but he's hardly a regular international)

Anyway, just some idle speculation/gossip so Mods feel free to lock this if you reckon it lacks enough substance.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

More wage cutting if we don't go up? After all Jeffers been here ages and will be one of our top earners.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Jeff, Will, Martin, and Bryson all leave if we are not promoted.

Jeff won't be one of our top earners, I wouldn't imagine.

Also, I don't think we really need to sell - we're not exactly padded with big spenders.

More wage cutting if we don't go up? After all Jeffers been here ages and will be one of our top earners.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Jeff, Will, Martin, and Bryson all leave if we are not promoted.

Can only see Bryson leaving really, don't think that Martin or Hendrick are particularly high-profile players. Martin's one of multiple goalscorer's in the Championship, most of the others (Ings, Vokes, Nugent, Rhodes, Austin, Grabban, Deeney) all get higher media prise and attention. Hendrick's only performed really well since Forest, but he's not had a consistent enough season, also hasn't been in the full ROI team for a bit.

Even if Will leaves we could certainly expect him back on loan sharpish.

Our wagebill isn't a problem, it's a lot smaller than Leeds' for example.

FFP has all but been thrown out too - I don't think our investors are sweating on their finances too much.

Nothing to worry about, I can almost guarantee if any player was to leave in the summer - an important player that is - we will be well compensated for it.

..on the subject of players' cars - disappointed to see Bucko roll up majestically in a sodding Merc.

I want him to trundle up in a Sherman tank, complete with head gear and aiming his machine gun.

..on the subject of players' cars - dissppointed to see Bucko roll up majestically in a sodding Merc.

I want him to trundle up in a Sherman tank, complete with head gear and aiming his machine gun.

I had him down as Reliant Robin man...

Not doubting Hudson's information from his point of view but before we take Jeff's Cabbie Cousin as Gospel, there are three assumption we need to tackle.

1.) Jeff is in regular contact with his cousin and tells him everything. Maybe the last he heard was when Hendrick wasn't starting and Villa were doing well in the Prem

2.) Derby might go up

3.) Villa might go down

Archived