Worst ever Rams player?

McClarensLads

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

thought a full side would come in handy...recollections as far back as 1973...

1. Ian Feuer

2. Mick Coop

3. Nick Pickering

4. Blessing Kaku

5. Bjorn Otto Bragstad

6 Claude Davis (captain)

7.Mick Brolly

8.Johnathon clark

9.Mikkel Beck

10.Roy Greenwood

11. Paul Emson

12. Lauren Robert

only one sub as its making me feel sick now... 

thought a full side would come in handy...recollections as far back as 1973...

1. Ian Feuer

2. Mick Coop

3. Nick Pickering

4. Blessing Kaku

5. Bjorn Otto Bragstad

6 Claude Davis (captain)

7.Mick Brolly

8.Johnathon clark

9.Mikkel Beck

10.Roy Greenwood

11. Paul Emson

12. Lauren Robert

only one sub as its making me feel sick now...

Nick Pickering... Oh my, nightmares for me tonight

In threads like this it always seems to be Mick Brolly and Mick Coop that come out on top. Before my time they were though.

Sorry, I do not get it. Admittedly Brolly was no world beater, but he was an ever present (45 games, plus one as sub)in his only season with the Rams, so he was streets ahead of some names mentioned on here.

Mick Co-op was an absolute disgrace, and IMHO Alan Ramage(centre back) was not far behind him.

Sorry, I do not get it. Admittedly Brolly was no world beater, but he was an ever present (45 games, plus one as sub)in his only season with the Rams, so he was streets ahead of some names mentioned on here.

Mick Co-op was an absolute disgrace, and IMHO Alan Ramage(centre back) was not far behind him.

Actual worst footballer, as in some one who can't control and kick a football would have to be Vic Moreland.

Worst player as in £ for £ waste of money would be Ravanelli or Derek Hales or any one of 3 or 4 of Billy Davies' signings......

Mind you, Terry Curran was gash, Geoff Bourne was good for a couple of games then turned into Mikkel Beck. 

Mick Brolly, Glen Skivington and Mick Coop are always mentioned for a reason.....they were seriously *****.

Disgrace putting Malcolm Christie on here. Born to score goals and made us a packet when we sold him. He'd walk into the team today.

Also, I never thought Emson was that bad. He was a proper winger and the quickest player I've ever seen for the Rams. Hit or miss, but came through the youth team and on his day was a world beater.

But oh the dross this thread reminds me of. How has no one said Jay McCeverly? (sp?). It really looked as if he'd never seen a football before he arrived, and no one seemed to have told him that if you dive in within those white lines 18 yards from the goal, you give away something called a "penalty" and that's not good. I swear he'd never even watched a football match before he arrived.

Thinking of inspired Davies full backs, never have I seen a worse single performance that Tyrone Mears away at Palace in the promotion season. At one point he almost walked off the pitch knowing he simply didn't belong on a football field.

Craig Fagan, Darren Currie. I actually thought John Robertson was pretty sh*te when he came, and didn't we give the Trees some brilliant player in exchange for John effing Middleton?

Oh, but normally I'd say Mikkel Beck. How I laughed at whateer team he ever played for, and thjen he came to us. Nooooooooooo! But it's true Dean Holdsworth was taking the p*ss and should close the thread. My word we've seen some sh*te. Thank goodness for this season!

I've seen some crap over the years, and I know Derek Hales still rankles with a lot, but he was played in the wrong role at Derby and never had a fair crack. Mick Brolly was an honest pro if limited, some other names on here were abysmal and if Mikkel Beck has one advantage over some others, like Steve Biggins, it was that he was at least crap in a good division. Biggins was free though...

Which brings me to my personal worst player ever, in absolute as well as pound for pound terms and notwithstanding the fact that he played Prem for us .... Claude ******* Davis. All day long, end of debate, no argument to be had. What a colossal waste of space that nob was. Stole a living. All the physical tools, none of the skill, commitment, desire, basic mental application, anything...cock end.

Malcolm Christie wanna that bad , was he ?

Paul Emson..

Malcolm Christie???

Loved Mally, does not belong in this thread at all.

Grenet - yes; Claude Davis - yes.

Rob Earnshaw get a guernsey? He should.

And may add Savage. Admittedly, from pure dislike, not so much from ability. He's just a ****.

Christie? Is someone having a bubble? Scored the winner at Old Trafford against the champions to win and keep Derby in the PL, and he's the worst player ever? Give your head a wobble.

Can't slag off Teale either. At least he tried. Genuinely gave a ****.

Sammon is ****. And as much as he is pointless and cost 1.2m. I can't fault his effort. He didn't pretend to be anything other than ****. 1 goal in 30 at Wigan. I blame the signer more than the player.

Claude Davies for me. **** player. 50p head. 3 million quid. And for the way he attacked price, a young keeper, at Bolton, when the goal was actually HIS fault, will forever stick in my memory.

**** player. **** person.

Summary...

1 middleton, feuer,

2 goulooze, grenet, coop,

3 mceverley, pickering, harbey, talbot

4savage, skivington, kaku, malcolm,

5 davis, bragstad,

6 moreland, ramage

7 fagan, curran, brolly, teale, pereplotkins, hunt, burley

8 earnshaw, beck, hales, bourne, greenwood, varney, miller, bamford, christie, sturridge

9 sammon, holdsworth, ormondroyd, ravanelli, whelan, mikel, caskey, biggins, macken,

10 clark, kazmierczek, carruthers, bohinen,

11 currie, robertson, emson, robert, lewis,

Archived