City join race for Will Hughes

Curtains

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I say we ask for 20m and plus add ons so over time we get extra 10m if he goes.

Nobody would pay that for him. Nowhere near. 10 mil is probably the best we can hope for.

I reckon we'll have him for one more season to be honest. I honestly believe he's still at the right place with us right now. A big move would be too soon this summer.

If and when we get promoted I don't think Will Hughes will be going anywhere. He will be playing in the Premier League at a progressive club, so what's the point of moving on. Unless it's for the money, he doesn't seem the greedy sort to me, just someone who wants to play football

If and when we get promoted I don't think Will Hughes will be going anywhere. He will be playing in the Premier League at a progressive club, so what's the point of moving on. Unless it's for the money, he doesn't seem the greedy sort to me, just someone who wants to play football

He could raise his future salary for playing for us next season if we are in the Premier. He would get starting eleven most nights and a chance to show his talent. Elsewhere he might end up being a new Steve Sidwell.

I'd take 5 million tomorrow for him. In fact I'd probably take 3.

May I ask why? Do you see the value of young English players? Why on earth would you accept such a modest fee for a clearly talent player?

The market is crazy, fees will be high. If we were to be promoted, I'd want at least 15 million, and if not feck off. He's only going to improve, and he will, believe me.

May I ask why? Do you see the value of young English players? Why on earth would you accept such a modest fee for a clearly talent player?

The market is crazy, fees will be high. If we were to be promoted, I'd want at least 15 million, and if not feck off. He's only going to improve, and he will, believe me.

Because it's cool to knock Will Hughes as a Derby fan.

If i was Will Hughes Id get another agent!!!

As its clearly a horrible man / agency which stirs up this bullpoo.

The papers were full of it last time, until Brendon Rogers had to come out to publcy deny it and tell them to shut up.

This is all crazy speculation but just to join in the fantasy, I think we could profit greatly from a sale. I would start with sourcing a central defensive partnership which might hack it in the Prem.

Then I would get a running midfield player with a good first time touch and a bit more strength than Will.

I would also try to coax Thorne here. He looks class. 

At present, we are way off Premiership class and two of our best players are on loan. Martin has done well but he's a carthorse who won't get a sniff against good defenders.

I think we will need about 8 players to survive and selling Will is the only way I can see that happening.

Because it's cool to knock Will Hughes as a Derby fan.

You say some really strange things

We like him but you have to be realistic

If we don't go up hes certain to go FACT for 8 to 10 Million Pounds.

If we go up we might keep him but I'd rather have THORNE and HENDRICK

Is he still the next Steven Gerrard?

Have Barca updated their dossier on him?

Have we agreed a deal with Liverpool for a January move?

Is he as good as Zaha The Great?

Will he choose to play for England or has his great Grandad got a mate in San Marino, thus making him eligible for the part timers?

It's so tense

Archived