Radio Derby and that moaning Baz. Tard.

Alph

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fair enough. Just gets on my tits when folk come on here stating we're fecking brilliant when we ain't.

I'm not sure anyone is saying we were brilliant today JD, but we weren't bad either. Jonny Russell's goal was superb in many ways, for the pass and the finish.

It's getting to the end of a long season, we took three points, scored three goals - one fortunate - and comfortably beat a side that was at the top at one point regaining third spot in the process. Not so long ago Baz and his mates were demanding just that, now he's got it and is still moaning.

Maybe we could have pressed forward more and have been more ruthless and in doing so taken more risks, but looking at the goal differences in the table it wouldn't have made that much difference if we had scored another couple. The job at this part of the season is not to entertain first and foremost but to win. And we did that comfortably.

Fair enough. Just gets on my tits when folk come on here stating we're fecking brilliant when we ain't.

We haven't been 'brilliant' more than 3 or 4 times this season - but we've had our moments even when we have been below that sort of standard. Even today, George Thorne produced the best through ball to produce a goal since, well, since I can't remember when.

Oh wait, it was last Tuesday at Blackpool.

There's stupid people in all walks of life & in every football stadium in this country. Sadly their voices are almost always the loudest - radio phone ins are tailor made for these self-styled 90 minute tactical geniuses.

Performances are utterly immaterial at this point of the season - results are all that matters. Anyone who doesn't understand that knows nowt about football & should stick to X Factor.

We all expect to come on here and discuss the good and bad of performances.

But it's not sports entertainment. That's WWE. These lads are doing this as a career. You never played a match where you wanted to be entertaining did you? You played to win. If at 3-1 up they only felt like they could control the game rather than 'go for it' then its harsh to knock them for it.

People call Barca/Bayern boring. They don't set out to entertain. They set out to control and dominate the match. They want to fix the result. They can't lose if they keep the ball.

There's a time for attacking and a time for defending. But you can do both with the ball. Why hand it the opposition so we can 'defend' in the more traditional style.

Sometimes games open up. Everything is working and you enjoy yourself. Sometimes it's tense. But you have to do what you feel comfortable with.

As supporters we obviously want to win and be entertained. At the end of the day though if we're winning and controlling the pace of the game and the area of the pitch it's played in then I think it's incredibly harsh to criticise.

We control most our games. We have poor spells that vary and sometimes we aren't as convincing as others. But hey, we aren't miles better than any of our league rivals. It's a tight league where (not including a couple of teams) most the players are quite equal. We've found a good balance but I think folks are kidding themselves if they think we have the depth and quality to do much better than we have.

I think JW(?) said he sat next to someone at the Bournemouth game who said "I thought this would be easier"

C'mon, in August you wouldn't bet your mortgage on Derby finishing above Bournemouth. The gap isn't that big. Why now? Because we've found a good system? It's precarious advantage. A system is needs the right players. Two injuries and it could be a very different Derby.

I'd have given my left testicle to be in a position to moan about being 3-1 up for about the last 5 years now. Amazing how quickly people forget just how ***** we usually are. 3-1 in this manner at the start of this season would have been brilliant. Yes of course we would have liked to have seen more goals, but we won comfortably. Which I'm more than happy with. I go to see Derby win first and foremost. The rest is a byproduct.

Jesus Christ. Hypnotised by Sky Sports and watching Man City.

The bunch of moaning cnuts don't have a clue what real football is. They want to compare us to Man City, who they watch on a "Super Sunday" instead of the 70+ clubs that are more comparable considering we play in the same fooking league system as them.

Honestly, nothing is ever good enough. We sit 3rd in the league and they do nothing but pick everything to bits. 10 Derby attacks are expected where 1 opposition attack is us not doing our jobs. They're so quick to wrist slash they make the old DET forum look like the B4 optimist gathering.

I'm fed up of the cnuts and I won't listen to them on the way home from games and I'd rather listen to away games I can't make on football focus where we actually get a proper idea of what's going on.

Then there's some **** called Baz ringing up, unhappy with the entertainment.

"They're supposed to be entertaining fans"

Fook off back infront of your telly you stupid, plastic glory hunting knobber. Entertainment. Have you ever kicked a ball in a competitive match? It's about finding a reliable system, a style that gives you the best chance of winning most the games you play. Not entertainment. Want entertainment? Get back infront of your sky box and watch Man City's £500m team play Chelsea's £500m team. Or for added entertainment you could watch one of them take on West Ham's £50m team.

You're wasted watching a bunch of freebies and kids.

"I want to be entertained"

Yeah, and the team want some atmosphere but no fooker listens when they ask for that. Half of you leave the ground before they finish their shift. Lazy, half arsed, **** support. The team deserve better.

"Ooooh, 3 games in a week. They work really hard"

Do you run yourself into the ground mate? Are you all blood sweat and tears after a days work?

You have no idea how stripped down these modern professionals are. They are conditioned and shaped to a high physical condition. They are fitter and faster than any player your nostalgic poisoned memory conjures up.

Yes they get paid well.

Does a labourer get paid the same as a bricklayer? Who's the fooker doing the running and fetching. The world isn't "fair". Here's a tissue

Get real. What a load of *****. You're a moron. A rubbish fan and I wish you'd buy yourself a Man City shirt and fook off.

"They were there for the taking."

"The only positive is we won 3-1"

Lemme guess, the magnificent Derby County support deserve better?

And Ramage says "we're 3rd, stop moaning"

Follow your own advice then. "Take the positives". Maybe Bas wasn't really there and just listened to you lot presumably making it sound like we got mauled.

22 lucky wins in 42 games. Should have got Jose in when he left Real.

His comments didn't impress you then

Seems like I've different view...

We are in playoffs so results doesn't really matter. It's all about performance, we have to keep it at highest possible level so we're ready for the biggest games of the season.

(Haven't seen todays game so can't comment about it. But as a princible, that's how I see it)

On the OP's point about folk leaving the games early. Why is this? Where do they go? What are they late for?. Even at the Forest game, folk were leaving early...why? Best result in years, massive bragging rights etc and still these people can 'to be arsed to stay another 5 minutes and show their appreciation. Strange.

We are in playoffs so results doesn't really matter. It's all about performance, we have to keep it at highest possible level so we're ready for the biggest games of the season.

(Haven't seen todays game so can't comment about it. But as a princible, that's how I see it)

Wouldn't exactly learn much against 9 men. Nothing really to gain yet a lot to lose.

Keep going 110% and Forsyth gets booked and therefore banned, Hughes gets re injured, Russell breaks his leg again or Ward's hamstring goes twang. Nothing but negative outcomes.

So you'd rather see us put in magnificent performances and lose 1-0, than play well, but not at our best, and come out with all 3 points?

People are making it sound like we played atrociously today; for the most, we played well, a few lackadaisical passes that were sloppy but these were counteracted by a few moments of football brilliance ie. Russell's goal.

We should be happy at winning 3-1, people are treating it as if we've lost heavily.

I know stats aren't everything but

72% - 28%

Passes

----

729 - 289

606 - 221 (short distance)

----

22% of the game played in Rams 3rd

45% in the middle

33% in Udders

69% of our 17 efforts were inside the area.

That might make it seem like we pummelled them when you really need to see what sort of opportunities were in all the play to decide for yourself. But lets be honest, with a 3-1 scoreline to boot it's not really a bad days work.

They want to beat the long wait getting away from the stadium, no big deal.

A none issue for me I'm afraid, sitting in a queue for ages is rather tedious tbf. I was cold today, we left with 5 minutes left. Not being funny - but so what?

I think Baz was dealt with unfairly. He wasn't complaining about the season, he was having a valid gripe about the drivel that was served up in the last half hour. Nothing to do with seeing the game out, everything to do with a series of misdirected sloppy passes and lack of movement. I wasn't concerned about us not scoring again, I just don't like players not doing their best.

So you'd rather see us put in magnificent performances and lose 1-0, than play well, but not at our best, and come out with all 3 points?

People are making it sound like we played atrociously today; for the most, we played well, a few lackadaisical passes that were sloppy but these were counteracted by a few moments of football brilliance ie. Russell's goal.

We should be happy at winning 3-1, people are treating it as if we've lost heavily.

Picking up just few words from my post and you have totally different context...

Normally during the season of course not.

But at this stage, as we are already in playoffs, I'd say yes. Another Boro-like-show with win would've be much more concerning than losing/drawing with a good performance.

Archived