Hughes, Bamford, Bryson & Martin in FourFourTwo's Top FL players

HeyHudson

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does anyone have an unkind word for Will Hughes? He seems amazingly unaffected given the regard in which he's held.

Not even a hint of the football brat about him.

I do remember hearing something about him charging people for photos/autographs in some bar, but it was probably nonsense.

I do remember hearing something about him charging people for photos/autographs in some bar, but it was probably nonsense.

Probably rubbish. He was in town on Saturday night and was happy to give any autographs or photos. A really nice lad.

Probably rubbish. He was in town on Saturday night and was happy to give any autographs or photos. A really nice lad.

Ive heard off quite a few people that have seen him out that he is the opposite at times,

but I spose we all have off days and it must be a tad annoying getting pestered all the time!

How annoying must it be to go out at night, and have drunken folk coming up and talking 5hite and telling you how good/carp you are all the time.

Regardless of how much they get paid or how thankful they should be for the situation they're in, they work hard, they've got a life and we don't own them. It must be hard. Folk expect a lot.

Bryson should be higher. If we had to choose who we want in the starting line-up between Hughes or Bryson, who would people go for?

That's a great question actually. Personally I would say I love watching Hughes play because of the class and quality he has, but then again I think Bryson has had a much greater effect overall this season...

You hear funny things about players.

I know Barker is a top lad but he offended a bunch of people once by reaching over them at a bar. A bit of "oh he thinks he doesn't have to wait like the rest of us" ...yet we all jostle to get to the bar? It was a nothing issue that people made an issue.

Then Marcus Tudgay. Heard people say he's a bit cocky but he's a nice lad. A really nice guy.

There's a few others.

As for Hughes, my missus mate met up with Will, Hendrick and Legzdins. She said Hughes is quiet, Hendrick is no more or less of a lad than anyone else. He's a typical lad just like any other bloke out with his mates. And Legzdins is sound too.

Like any celebrity, a footballer is not treated like anyone else. How many rowdy groups of lads do you ignore? How rowdy do you get with your mates?

Just thought I'd try and level it out a bit with that extremely exciting tale.

Lee Camp, now there's a d1ck. Don't like Nathan Doyle either. Savage is a walking panto.

Anyway, on topic....

We're a good team. Without Martin then Bryson isn't the same. Without Bryson then Martin doesn't look so good unless someone else gets close to him. Without Will dictating tempo and retaining the ball in awkward situations then the whole team has to be a bit more switched on. Will makes life easier for everyone.

Who's best? I'd say Will. But the reason we're 4th isn't because we have Will Hughes. It's because we have about 14/15 players who have all been 7/10 or higher. We haven't got the superstars to drag us out the *****. Each lad in our 15 or so regular appearances is difficult to replace. The wide areas are where we have most cover. In the central areas (Bryson, Hughes, Martin) if any 2 of those don't perform then we struggle.

Performance, I don't think there's much to choose between them this season. Hughes, Bryson and Martin. Chuck the Jack Stamps trophy up and see who catches it.

Archived