Ipswich Town v Derby County

Mafiabob

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know. I just get wound up with it all, relying on them.

It's like me and MrRam, I jump up and shout and complain, and he says, sit down, it wasn't a foul/corner/free kick. I say, you do it at the cricket!! You have to try.

Ed's a fan first I think, good or bad.

Literally every set piece we concede we look like letting the other team score. About time McClaren sorted it.

We aren't that great a side in the air. We have players who can compete but other than Buxton and Forsyth no-one really gets what I would call positive headers away. I guess you can't have everything in the Championship. If Keogh and Bucko were great on the ground and in the air they would have been snapped up.

On the subject of our attacking corners, it's pretty pointless just lumping the ball across because we lack any aerial threat. We are better playing it short and then driving low balls in. These are more difficult to defend in crowded penalty areas.

I was disappointed at the result tonight, but we are still playing pretty well and creating chances. 

Would have been good to have had Mason Bennett as an option off the bench (even if it was a school night). How long are till Dawkins, Ward and Hughes are back?

Ward and Dawkins are "looking at a couple of weeks" and no idea on Hughes. They said the focus is making sure we have a fully fit squad for the Play Offs. Mac said these lads will have to get us over the line.

I know. I just get wound up with it all, relying on them.

It's like me and MrRam, I jump up and shout and complain, and he says, sit down, it wasn't a foul/corner/free kick. I say, you do it at the cricket!! You have to try.

Ed's a fan first I think, good or bad.

He is an embarassment, to listen to him for any time is utterly cringeworthy as a Derby fan, he may as well take a set of black and white pon-pons into the pressbox, he is no more than a cheerleader for DCFC and is incapable of any balanced analysis of what is occurring on the pitch, to be honest Ramage doesn't help much either. What is worse I get the feeling he actually thinks he is good and popular. Bloomfield wasn't very good but at least he was humble.

Who is that half-wit who asks Mac the questions as well, Mac rushes through them as quick as he can at times struggling to conceal his contempt, surely the manager deserves somebody in front of him with more aptitude for the job at hand.

Who is that half-wit who asks Mac the questions as well, Mac rushes through them as quick as he can at times struggling to conceal his contempt, surely the manager deserves somebody in front of him with more aptitude for the job at hand.

If you don't know then I'm not telling you.

PistoldPete2

Report from anyone that was there?

Steve Mac says the ref was cr@p. Must have been coz Shteve doesnt normally criticise refs

He is an embarassment, to listen to him for any time is utterly cringeworthy as a Derby fan, he may as well take a set of black and white pon-pons into the pressbox, he is no more than a cheerleader for DCFC and is incapable of any balanced analysis of what is occurring on the pitch, to be honest Ramage doesn't help much either. What is worse I get the feeling he actually thinks he is good and popular. Bloomfield wasn't very good but at least he was humble.

Think you're in the minority there. I like the RD team. Best there has been for years.

was there last night so here goes. martin should have been. sent off in the first hal, for a head butt. we played well first half but still pussy footing around near there goal area. scared to shoot ref .was **** for both teams. ipswich players diving around so much i thought they would bring on tom daley at half time. second half no back up for the forward runs so had to keep stopping. ref lost it, and was giving goal kicks. when there keeper saved it. not brimging play back for free kcks after booking there player.  there goals first one no one shut him down good goal scored by someone who wouldnt even make a good pub team player second goal our defence just stood there .

grant  good save in second half nothing to do in the first half  6

wisdom played well but didnt back up the attacks   6

keogh  steady but got carried away trying forward runs  6

buxton very good won everything he went for  7

forsyth  same as wisdom first half but got forward well second half  6

bryson  kicked outta the game but tried to control everthing wasnt getting any support 7

thorne  a poor mans eustace  not good enough for me  5

hendrick did nothing all night  didnt even know he was playing  4

martin tried but afrter he got booked faied was given anything buy the ref lucky to still be on after the head butt 6

russell beat there man so many times but had no one to cross to and didnt shoot when he should have 7

bamford  took his goal well but always makes the wrong choice shoots when he is never gonna score  7

motm  buxo 

Think you're in the minority there. I like the RD team. Best there has been for years.

RD has been below past glories for a long time, it did used to be good, very good on football, now it is just a virtual media arm of DCFC. Not one person there would have the ability or courage to give proper balanced coverage. If you enjoy biased cheerleading you will enjoy it, I don't so I avoid.

I don't mind owen bradley.

I quite like ramage to my own surprise.

But i cannot stand ed dawes.

One example from last night.....

"Martin has gone down holding his leg....holding his head....this looks serious......no its not".

I don't mind owen bradley.

I quite like ramage to my own surprise.

But i cannot stand ed dawes.

One example from last night.....

"Martin has gone down holding his leg....holding his head....this looks serious......no its not".

It is difficult to follow the game listening to Ed Dawes. He does get over excited and sometimes seems to use random words. Sometimes last night it went from Derby attacking to Ipswich being in our area with nothing inbetween!! He just needs to calm down a bit or he will give himself (and possibly me) a heart attack!! Having said that I will continue to listen when I cannot get to a game.

At the end of the day Dawes is supposed to be a journalist. Ramage has the excuse of being a former player. The two of them are like spoilt kids. Neither of them pauses to consider what has happened. They simply blurt out a pro-Derby rant and then common sense kicks in about ten seconds later. I listen to commentary trying to assess what has actually happened in amongst the hype.

Archived