Ipswich Town v Derby County

Mafiabob

Literally every set piece we concede we look like letting the other team score. About time McClaren sorted it.

And ironically every set piece we get we look like we won't score.

Only managed to listen to the first half, but it sounded like the defence were doing a really good job and we were battering them. Rampage was sure there more goals in this for us, and Ipswich were poor...

Could've put money on us loosing based on that.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And ironically every set piece we get we look like we won't score.

You can't fault our defence with the amount of clean sheets we've had recently...but it's true that we don't get many goals from corners or free kicks into the box. In fact the last one I can remember was the 5th against Blackpool?

Set pieces are so important in the modern game...look at their winner today...really need a bit more aerial threat...which is most likely to come from bucko and keogh.

No need for the negativity tonight, we sounded hard done by from what i heard, we played nice football which is what some of you wanted. Moaning about the defense which has been solid for a lot of the season is silly. Sometimes things don't happen. On to charlton at home

No need for the negativity tonight, we sounded hard done by from what i heard, we played nice football which is what some of you wanted. Moaning about the defense which has been solid for a lot of the season is silly. Sometimes things don't happen. On to charlton at home

exactly, and we were well hard done by, ipswich cant play football for their life, its hit and hope and i honestly dont have a clue why they are where they are atm, you can tell that they have an ex-premier league manager the way he was getting their players to jump on the ground at the easiest of opportunities, and after he berrated the ref we would have had more of a chance of winning if chris martin had actually been sent off, id honestly be less biased towards derby than that ref was for ipswich, imo mcarthy should be disciplined and the ref suspended

I'm not panicking. Ipswich are the highest place team we still had to play.

8 games left, 9 points clear of the play offs.

Last day of the season is a guaranteed win, we just need to pick up a couple of others here and there.

Besides, we owed Ipswich that one after the 4-4 earlier in the season.

Go and watch the highlights from Saturday if your pissed off.

Bournemouth moving up fast with a late charge. The Ipswich local rag predicted a 2-1 home win. My 33/1 bet on Derby to win the league and also at each way taking a further battering. On a positive note scoring 6 goals in last two games and still 4th in the league is not to be sniffed at.

Just got in and missed the game.

What did Ipswich/Mcarthy/the ref do that was wrong?

Was it just a general bias or was there an 'incident'?

at half time mcarthy pretty much ate the ref, he was practically spitting in his face all the way down the dugout, second half, lets just say, i wouldve been less biased towards derby than he was to ipswich

Just got in and missed the game.

What did Ipswich/Mcarthy/the ref do that was wrong?

Was it just a general bias or was there an 'incident'?

Just bias I reckon.

Best team won according to Tony Cottee on Sky.

We were robbed according to Radio Derby.

Someone's gotta be wrong.

They said the ref booked Derby players for being fouled, gave them goal kicks that were our corners and let the Ipswich players get away with murder, and that McCarthy was on the pitch at the break and berating him the whole way back to the changing rooms, after which he gave them everything second half.

He did sound poor, particularly when he didn't close down Williams or mark Berra for their goals.

Just bias I reckon.

Interesting to hear what Cottee said - I listened to RD and it sounded like they were well on top of us towards the end of the game - you could sense it coming (despite what dawes and ramage were saying)

Just bias I reckon.

ipswich were the best team, in the second half at least, not because they were the better side though, a referee with that amount of bias is worth more than one or two players being sent off

Well even cheery Steve mcclaren suggested that the ref was a bit biased. Not all Eds fault.

It was a good interview by Mac, the man has style. Not Ed's fault at all, just sometimes he is so over the top that what he is ranting about isn't quite as clear cut as he'd have us believe. Even Ramage was correcting him tonight when he was going apoplectic about 'fouls' by the Ipswich players.

Archived