hard luck derby

B4ev6is

We battered reading from start to finnish we had shot after shot we just need to get one in and i think start scoring for fun again. But how did bamford miss that chance i think masion bennet is a better player than he is i would rather kepted him.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hate it in football when we play well and get nothing and play ***** and get 3 points.

It's like me taking the ipad off my daughter but giving her the TV remote to play with instead. No, if she does something wrong then she goes back in the cage.

Same with Derby. Just get what we deserve please. No more, no less.

I'm more of a purist like Alpha...

I feel we deserve to win games not because of 'defending well' or getting lucky because the opposition miss a hatful of chances, but more because of us playing the opposition off the park...

Our 5-1 win over Blackpool was the most deserved win of the season. Whereas our 1-0 win at Sheff Wed was quite the opposite.

I'm more of a purist like Alpha...

I feel we deserve to win games not because of 'defending well' or getting lucky because the opposition miss a hatful of chances, but more because of us playing the opposition off the park...

Our 5-1 win over Blackpool was the most deserved win of the season. Whereas our 1-0 win at Sheff Wed was quite the opposite.

That's a very simplistic view imo.

Defending is as much of an art and talent as scoring. You need intense mental and physical strength and stamina to defend when under pressure to ensure your decision making process remains good.

A 5-1 easy win over poor opposition can be less challenging mentally and physically than a tough 1-0, so how can it be more deserving?

Yes but we didnt defend well on two or three occasions.

Taking Chelsea v Barcelona. Chelsea didn't deserve to win. They were lucky. Barcelona as a team deserved to win. Their manager deserved to win. Cesc Fabregas, Messi and Sanchez missed sitters. Not Valdes, Piqué, Alves, Xavi, Busquets, Iniesta etc etc.

They restricted Chelsea to only a few chances. Meanwhile they created plenty. Did Ramires deserve to be on the winning side? Yes. Torres? Yes. Terry? No. Cole? No. Chech? Yes. Di Matteo? No.

Chelsea as a team lost the game. They lost in midfield. They lost in defence. They had 30% of the ball. I agree that you can play well without the ball but Chelsea didnt. Two or three individuals dragged them on. Just like two or three individuals on the night let Barcelona down.

One manager sent a team out and tactically beat the other manager. He was let down by Fabregas missing a 1v1. Sanchez missing a 1v1. Messi missing a penalty.

To apply this to us. It wasn't our good defending that stopped Bournemouth scoring. It was their individual errors. As a team they deserved to win the first half.

At Sheffield I'd say Bamford and Grant deserved to be on the winning team. Maybe a couple more. But the majority of the Wednesday side deserved something out of the game. They didn't even give Bamford much of a chance. One man stood off him on his weaker foot.

Yesterday was probably fair. But Frustrating because we deserved something more the previous game. Yesterday we should have been 2/3 up as a team but Dawkins and Bamford let us down in key moments (Still played ok though) But 3-3/4-4 would have made sense.

V Bolton about 8 of our players deserved to win. And the ones that missed their chances still played well.

We battered reading from start to finnish we had shot after shot we just need to get one in and i think start scoring for fun again. But how did bamford miss that chance i think masion bennet is a better player than he is i would rather kepted him.

I think Steve Mac disagrees with you about Mason.

Mason needs more competitive experience, and we need goals now. We have no time to blood players in at this stage of the season. Bamford has league 1 experience and has scored goals in this league too. But even now, he's not getting a start.

Apart from the goals he lacks very little else to us. Were bennet offers pace and gets really plysclae and i think we need to do something else would not mind that that other young striker of ours playing u21 level but banging the goals of late.

PistoldPete2

I know that but if we are struggleing for goals and having a player that know one knows about surely to our advantage. Even if it is on the bench just come on if we need something different.

I agree, but maybe Mac is still aiming to bring someone else in?

Apart from the goals he lacks very little else to us. Were bennet offers pace and gets really plysclae and i think we need to do something else would not mind that that other young striker of ours playing u21 level but banging the goals of late.

Unfortunately B4, strikers are judged on goals. I'd rather have a striker who does f**k all for 89 minutes but pops up with the winning instead of one who does everything right and misses a hatful of chances. We have a player like that already, Salmon...

Yes but we didnt defend well on two or three occasions.

Taking Chelsea v Barcelona. Chelsea didn't deserve to win. They were lucky. Barcelona as a team deserved to win. Their manager deserved to win. Cesc Fabregas, Messi and Sanchez missed sitters. Not Valdes, Piqué, Alves, Xavi, Busquets, Iniesta etc etc.

They restricted Chelsea to only a few chances. Meanwhile they created plenty. Did Ramires deserve to be on the winning side? Yes. Torres? Yes. Terry? No. Cole? No. Chech? Yes. Di Matteo? No.

Chelsea as a team lost the game. They lost in midfield. They lost in defence. They had 30% of the ball. I agree that you can play well without the ball but Chelsea didnt. Two or three individuals dragged them on. Just like two or three individuals on the night let Barcelona down.

One manager sent a team out and tactically beat the other manager. He was let down by Fabregas missing a 1v1. Sanchez missing a 1v1. Messi missing a penalty.

To apply this to us. It wasn't our good defending that stopped Bournemouth scoring. It was their individual errors. As a team they deserved to win the first half.

At Sheffield I'd say Bamford and Grant deserved to be on the winning team. Maybe a couple more. But the majority of the Wednesday side deserved something out of the game. They didn't even give Bamford much of a chance. One man stood off him on his weaker foot.

Yesterday was probably fair. But Frustrating because we deserved something more the previous game. Yesterday we should have been 2/3 up as a team but Dawkins and Bamford let us down in key moments (Still played ok though) But 3-3/4-4 would have made sense.

V Bolton about 8 of our players deserved to win. And the ones that missed their chances still played well.

I'm not sure I follow your logic but I'll try. It's fine you cherry picking a game to suit your argument, so allow me to do the same, a little closer to home.

Against QPR recently, we won 1-0. I think we deserved it because we got the goal but we also had to defend stoutly, which as I said previously is as important an ability as being able to attack. Our skill in defence allowed us that platform to win the game. Presumably you think we didn't deserve it because we didn't play them off the park and thrash them? (maybe this post should be aimed at Bris?)

Archived