NHL

Cisse

Well, my Rangers just made what could end up being a really, really dodgy trade.

Yandle puts up good numbers but is he really worth a 1st-round pick, a 2nd-round pick, a #6 defenseman, and a good prospect who looked decent in the NHL at the start of this season (and played in the World Junior Championships for Canada)?

I worry that they're throwing away their future. Although if we win the Stanley Cup (which I seriously doubt: Red Wings, Kings, Preds much better teams), it will have been a small price to pay.

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rangers are already without a future. As usual. They keep getting these old stars and trying to get cup without a long term plan. Yandle and Boyle can make some damage from the blue line though. For Rangers this is the year to get all in.

• 1 month later...

Can't decide whether I want to see Pens or Bruins blow it tonight.

Bruins because of their style of play and Lucic vs Pens because they're our rivals and have two of the best players in the world yet still manage to be poor.

I hope Ottawa gets in. Hamburgler has been a great story this season. Kings missing out was a big surprise.

Can't decide whether I want to see Pens or Bruins blow it tonight.

Bruins because of their style of play and Lucic vs Pens because they're our rivals and have two of the best players in the world yet still manage to be poor.

I hope Ottawa gets in. Hamburgler has been a great story this season. Kings missing out was a big surprise.

Actually watched Sens game.Hammond or 'Hamburglar'(Great nickname he was given) lol was superb again.Sens totally deserve to get in with the extraordinary way have played last part of this season.Hats off to them.

Pens got in as well as I am sure you know now.Yeah as you say have Malkin and Crosby and a very good stopper in Fleury as well...but just do not play to potential(Not that I care too much mind,never really liked them).Before season started I had Kings making a repeat run at the Cup so surprised as well did not make playoffs.But totally their fault though:Worst team in league in overtime games,blew leads several times,etc.

As you are a Rangers fan(And any other NYR fans on here)here is my take on them mate and their chances imo in the playoffs:

Winning the President's Trophy is never easy and a very good accomplishment.I especially have always enjoyed watching St. Louis play and Moore and Brassard are pretty good as well.And of course the superb Nash also.

Imo I think Rangers have a good net minder in Lundqvist and seem to play well as a team.I have always rated Vigneault as a coach also;thought he got a raw deal with the Canucks.

East will not be easy to win with Montreal,TB, and others playing well also,but I think NYR can make some noise in the playoffs.Of course will help also if Staal is back for them.

Just hopefully my Hurricanes will be better next season mate.

Good Luck to NYR.

Actually watched Sens game.Hammond or 'Hamburglar'(Great nickname he was given) lol was superb again.Sens totally deserve to get in with the extraordinary way have played last part of this season.Hats off to them.

Pens got in as well as I am sure you know now.Yeah as you say have Malkin and Crosby and a very good stopper in Fleury as well...but just do not play to potential(Not that I care too much mind,never really liked them).Before season started I had Kings making a repeat run at the Cup so surprised as well did not make playoffs.But totally their fault though:Worst team in league in overtime games,blew leads several times,etc.

As you are a Rangers fan(And any other NYR fans on here)here is my take on them mate and their chances imo in the playoffs:

Winning the President's Trophy is never easy and a very good accomplishment.I especially have always enjoyed watching St. Louis play and Moore and Brassard are pretty good as well.And of course the superb Nash also.

Imo I think Rangers have a good net minder in Lundqvist and seem to play well as a team.I have always rated Vigneault as a coach also;thought he got a raw deal with the Canucks.

East will not be easy to win with Montreal,TB, and others playing well also,but I think NYR can make some noise in the playoffs.Of course will help also if Staal is back for them.

Just hopefully my Hurricanes will be better next season mate.

Good Luck to NYR.

​Thanks bud. Hope your Canes have a better season next year. Seems to me like you have some good young pieces - Lindholm, Skinner, Faulk - as well as some players who are past their prime but still decent - E Staal, Ward. I hope you can offload Semin and his hideous contract as well.

NYR have had a great year. St Louis is clearly fading, but still good to watch and a 50-point player. Nash is fantastic - great goalscorer and brilliant defensively and on the PK as well. I also love Kevin Hayes - he's had a quietly strong rookie year, putting up over 40 points as the third-line centre. He's good defensively, and big and powerful as well. Only down point has been our defence, but that is still one of the better units in the league.

Playoffs will be interesting. Without LA I don't think there's an obvious candidate to win. As well as Rangers it'd be nice to see some underdogs like 'Peg, Calgary and Sens do well. We'll see; it's definitely going to be close, and there are some pretty tasty first-round matches as well.

​Thanks bud. Hope your Canes have a better season next year. Seems to me like you have some good young pieces - Lindholm, Skinner, Faulk - as well as some players who are past their prime but still decent - E Staal, Ward. I hope you can offload Semin and his hideous contract as well.

NYR have had a great year. St Louis is clearly fading, but still good to watch and a 50-point player. Nash is fantastic - great goalscorer and brilliant defensively and on the PK as well. I also love Kevin Hayes - he's had a quietly strong rookie year, putting up over 40 points as the third-line centre. He's good defensively, and big and powerful as well. Only down point has been our defence, but that is still one of the better units in the league.

Playoffs will be interesting. Without LA I don't think there's an obvious candidate to win. As well as Rangers it'd be nice to see some underdogs like 'Peg, Calgary and Sens do well. We'll see; it's definitely going to be close, and there are some pretty tasty first-round matches as well.

​Yeah we have some good pieces, but need just one or two more to really compete for a playoff spot. I was quite nervous as a lot of teams were sniffing around Skinner near trade deadline, but luckily he was not dealt. Staal has waned a tad bit past couple seasons, but still a pretty viable threat overall imo when he wants to be and a great captain. Tbh I was 50/50 on drafting Lindholm,  but he has shown glimpses of what he can be and I am excited to see him continue to grow.

I haven't managed to follow the NHL that much recently, but wil lof course tune in for the playoffs.

I'm a Westie, so I'll be cheering whichever Westie makes the final.

But obviously I want either the Ducks or Blackhawks to win it but I can't see it. Also have a soft spot for Vancouver, given that I lived there and went to a few Canucks games.

I think it will be a NYR vs St Louis final with Rangers winning it. Would be good for Alain Vigneault who came so close with the Canucks and also lost last year's final. Top manager and deserves a Stanley Cup title.

It's the draft lottery tomorrow as well. Very much a lottery as Buffalo's chances of retaining first pick are only 20%.

Could be massive as McDavid is reputed to be the biggest talent in years. I can't decide whether I want him to end up in a crap franchise with great history and fans (Edmonton, Toronto), a small market team where he can be away from the media hype (Arizona) or a good team with really low odds, just to discourage tanking. McDavid at Dallas, San José or Florida might be quite fun.

It's the draft lottery tomorrow as well. Very much a lottery as Buffalo's chances of retaining first pick are only 20%.

Could be massive as McDavid is reputed to be the biggest talent in years. I can't decide whether I want him to end up in a crap franchise with great history and fans (Edmonton, Toronto), a small market team where he can be away from the media hype (Arizona) or a good team with really low odds, just to discourage tanking. McDavid at Dallas, San José or Florida might be quite fun.

I have read and watched several things on McDavid,he does seem the genuine article.

Whoever gets him should be very happy indeed.

Not sure what Hurricanes may do in draft,but I think need a defenseman with their first pick.

I have read and watched several things on McDavid,he does seem the genuine article.

Whoever gets him should be very happy indeed.

Not sure what Hurricanes may do in draft,but I think need a defenseman with their first pick.

​Canes need a great defenseman as a free agent. They need to get better NOW.

Archived