NHL

Cisse

​Canes need a great defenseman as a free agent. They need to get better NOW.

Oh I know mate I agree.I think need to draft one and work free agency as well as you say.Not really sure how much they are willing to spend,but we shall see.

We shall see.I hope for a good summer for the Canes.

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Edmonon wins McDavid.

Frustrating that they've had 4 no. 1 picks in 5 years. Not really "parity", is it? 

That being said, I'm pleased as a Ranger fan that McDavid is away from us in the West. According to some he could be the sort who drags his side to the postseason, no matter how bad they are. At least they won't be competing directly with us.

Gotta feel for Arizona. Crap team, got no fans, keep losing, and yet they'll end up with neither McDavid nor Eichel. 

Edmonon wins McDavid.

Frustrating that they've had 4 no. 1 picks in 5 years. Not really "parity", is it? 

That being said, I'm pleased as a Ranger fan that McDavid is away from us in the West. According to some he could be the sort who drags his side to the postseason, no matter how bad they are. At least they won't be competing directly with us.

Gotta feel for Arizona. Crap team, got no fans, keep losing, and yet they'll end up with neither McDavid nor Eichel. 

Agreed about Edmonton.

McDavid has quite the hype surrounding him; we shall see.

I actually went to a Coyotes game a couple years ago when I went with my Dad on a delivery he had(He's a truck driver).

Agreed about Edmonton.

McDavid has quite the hype surrounding him; we shall see.

I actually went to a Coyotes game a couple years ago when I went with my Dad on a delivery he had(He's a truck driver).

​Any chance he pulls an Eric Lindros and doesn't sign with them?

They're an absolute joke of an organisation, and their track record of developing players isn't great - Yakupov has failed, RNH not bad but not great, Hall ok. They still have no defence, as well. Did you see his face when they were announced as the winners? 

Sorry that the Canes didn't win pal, but at least you retained the fifth pick. One of Marner, Strome and Hannifin will fall to you and you'll likely get a very good player who'd be first or second most years.

Rangers-Pens on now. Gonna hit the hay but hopefully I wake up to a 2-0 series lead.

​Any chance he pulls an Eric Lindros and doesn't sign with them?

They're an absolute joke of an organisation, and their track record of developing players isn't great - Yakupov has failed, RNH not bad but not great, Hall ok. They still have no defence, as well. Did you see his face when they were announced as the winners? 

Sorry that the Canes didn't win pal, but at least you retained the fifth pick. One of Marner, Strome and Hannifin will fall to you and you'll likely get a very good player who'd be first or second most years.

Rangers-Pens on now. Gonna hit the hay but hopefully I wake up to a 2-0 series lead.

Yeah joke organization anymore no doubt.

Yeah some great prospects in this draft.I think Canes need a defenseman badly so hopefully Hanifin falls to us,but if not of course will be happy with Strome or Marner.

Anaheim stormed through. Flames beating the Canucks will be a shock.

I've not really focused much on the East, but noce to see NY Rangers beating the Pens.

The Blues/Wild series has been bizarre. Looking forward to seeing if the Blues can turn it on or whether they'll bottle it. They're my tip to win the Western conference though I'd happily see Anaheim or Blackhawks win the Stanley Cup.

Anaheim stormed through. Flames beating the Canucks will be a shock.

I've not really focused much on the East, but noce to see NY Rangers beating the Pens.

The Blues/Wild series has been bizarre. Looking forward to seeing if the Blues can turn it on or whether they'll bottle it. They're my tip to win the Western conference though I'd happily see Anaheim or Blackhawks win the Stanley Cup.

​On end of season form, St Louis and Minnesota are probably the two best teams in the Central, which is the best division in the league, which has led to a pretty crazy and very evenly-matched series. I don't think either team will make it past Chicago though, just because of Blackhawks' "clutch" players, and the potential return of Kane.

NYR-Pens hasn't been the most exciting series and we can't really claim we've done anything special when Pens have Letang, Pouliot, Maata and Ehrhoff out injured, and no good forwards except for Crosby, Geno and maybe Hornqvist. But I'm pleased we've (touch wood) avoided a potential banana skin. Personally I see the Rangers stumbling through the next series, in 7, before losing out to the winner of Tampa-Detroit in the Eastern Conference finals. We have a good team but our poor possession metrics and the way we struggle against big, powerful teams means we probably won't lift the Cup. 

It's the Rangers year. I can feel it in my waters. The sheer pace of the team often balances the lack of possession. Can hit teams on the break at lightening speed. Plus Henrik is Mart Poom in pads. 

I say this every year. 

We're not looking like possible champions at the moment, but we definitely have a luck edge to us right now. I feel like Blackhawks are going to get better as the games go on, could see them really get into their stride if they get past the Preds. 

They're my call, despite the horror show the other night.

I fancy us against the Caps, just watching the highlights of our 4-2 victory against them in the last game of the regular season, we can definitely steal wins at their place, not sure how they'll do at the Garden.

We'll really miss Zucc though, he's been excellent so far.

I fancy us against the Caps, just watching the highlights of our 4-2 victory against them in the last game of the regular season, we can definitely steal wins at their place, not sure how they'll do at the Garden.

We'll really miss Zucc though, he's been excellent so far.

We struggle against big, hard-hitting teams sometimes though. And I agree, Zuke will be a huge loss.

I reckon Rangers in 7. Gonna be an exciting series.

Ducks are on fire. Five playoff wins on the spin and plenty of goals to boot.

Ducks vs Balckhawks will be an incredible Western final. 

I mentioned earlier I can't really comment on the Eastern side of things, I'm not all too familiar with them and tend to only watch Western hockey. 

I'm quite surprised Caps have made it this far though. They usually bottle it at the first hurdle. Perhaps would be nice for Ovechkin to finally win the Stanley Cup to match his talents.

Archived