NHL

Cisse

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would be stupid for Vegas to have a hockey team - in fact would be stupid to have any sports there due to the climate.

Quebec should definitely have another team, as should a number of other states such as Washington, Wisconsin and Utah.

Seems abit stupid how some states such as Arizona, Texas, Tennessee and North Carolina have NHL teams whereas proper winter states like the ones mentioned above don't have a team.

Could be worse though - States such as Montana, North/South Dakota, Nebraska, Idaho and Wyoming don't have any sport teams at all. It must truelly suck to live in one of these states.

Come to think of it, neither does South Carolina, New Mexico, Alabama and Mississippi but at least they don't have such miserable climates.

Would be stupid for Vegas to have a hockey team - in fact would be stupid to have any sports there due to the climate.

Quebec should definitely have another team, as should a number of other states such as Washington, Wisconsin and Utah.

Seems abit stupid how some states such as Arizona, Texas, Tennessee and North Carolina have NHL teams whereas proper winter states like the ones mentioned above don't have a team.

Could be worse though - States such as Montana, North/South Dakota, Nebraska, Idaho and Wyoming don't have any sport teams at all. It must truelly suck to live in one of these states.

Come to think of it, neither does South Carolina, New Mexico, Alabama and Mississippi but at least they don't have such miserable climates.

Hey I live in North Carolina and am a huge fan of the Carolina Hurricanes! lol.

Seriously though I do agree with you that Vegas is not as big an attraction as some may think;too many distractions for the players imo.It could also just depend if fans will.The Hurricanes are hugely supported regardless of their location.

Hey I live in North Carolina and am a huge fan of the Carolina Hurricanes! lol.

Seriously though I do agree with you that Vegas is not as big an attraction as some may think;too many distractions for the players imo.It could also just depend if fans will.The Hurricanes are hugely supported regardless of their location.

Sorry I meant no offence, I just didn't think of the Carolina states as one for sports.

I've been in to NHL since spending a year in Vancouver in 2009/10 and during that time I've never seen the Hurricanes as a particularly good/big team (no offence - same could be said of anyone seeing DCFC over the past six or seven years).

I could also be wrong but regarding support I've thought of the Hurricanes as a bottom eight side. Obviously not as bad as teams like Pheonix, Florida Panthers and Dallas (why are there NHL teams in these States?) but nowhere near the powerhouses like Chichago, Detroit, Toronto, Montreal, Phillies and even Vancouver who despite not winning the Stanley Cup is a proper winter State who loves the ice.

Sorry I meant no offence, I just didn't think of the Carolina states as one for sports.

I've been in to NHL since spending a year in Vancouver in 2009/10 and during that time I've never seen the Hurricanes as a particularly good/big team (no offence - same could be said of anyone seeing DCFC over the past six or seven years).

I could also be wrong but regarding support I've thought of the Hurricanes as a bottom eight side. Obviously not as bad as teams like Pheonix, Florida Panthers and Dallas (why are there NHL teams in these States?) but nowhere near the powerhouses like Chichago, Detroit, Toronto, Montreal, Phillies and even Vancouver who despite not winning the Stanley Cup is a proper winter State who loves the ice.

Are you just on about support here Bris? Dallas' top 6 is looking like one of the best in the league.

Are you just on about support here Bris? Dallas' top 6 is looking like one of the best in the league.

Yes just support - from since I've been watching the NHL Dallas have been one of the poorly supported sides, which doesn't suprise me given its location.

I know that Ice Hockey is obviously played in an indoor arena and can be played all-year round, but it just strikes me as bizarre that some of the hot-weather states such as Florida, Texas and Arizona have teams.

As far as rosters go, I think the Western Conference have much better teams than the Eastern Conference. I reckon if you picked a top ten around seven or eight of those will be from the west.

Since 2009 for me the Caps have massively underachieved with their roster whereas Buffalo Sabres who I imagine have a pretty good following have been rubbish too.

Yes just support - from since I've been watching the NHL Dallas have been one of the poorly supported sides, which doesn't suprise me given its location.

I know that Ice Hockey is obviously played in an indoor arena and can be played all-year round, but it just strikes me as bizarre that some of the hot-weather states such as Florida, Texas and Arizona have teams.

As far as rosters go, I think the Western Conference have much better teams than the Eastern Conference. I reckon if you picked a top ten around seven or eight of those will be from the west.

Since 2009 for me the Caps have massively underachieved with their roster whereas Buffalo Sabres who I imagine have a pretty good following have been rubbish too.

I think it makes sense to go where ever the support is best, but if teams are drawing low crowds but still profiting then it might not make sense to move them unless they start losing money rapidly. I like the idea of a vegas team, but maybe it would make more sense for a few regular season games being played there like with NFL and Wembley stadium.

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/

Not too much tbh mate. I have kept up with the Hurricanes so far, hopefully this season will be better than the last. That is the website I have book marked for news, its a good one.

You have an opinion on how the Hurricanes handled the retiring of Rod Brind'amour. As I have heard he still wanted to play another season.

He left Ottawa under a big cloud, pretty much demanding a trade and still using his no trade clause. Did OK in San Jose for a bit, lack of skating showed up in Minnesota so I think Ducks are taking a chance that he is still a sniper. He was a great finisher, but I think his head was never right again after crashing his Ferrari and killing poor Dan Snyder

I think he was past his prime and he just never admitted it. I really like Rod, but he retired at the right time for him and his family.

I think he still could have been the best defensive forward in the league at least for a season. Certainly an valuable asset to Carolina. His face offs were out of this world through his career. I consider him as one of the most underrated players in NHL in last 35 years.

He left Ottawa under a big cloud, pretty much demanding a trade and still using his no trade clause. Did OK in San Jose for a bit, lack of skating showed up in Minnesota so I think Ducks are taking a chance that he is still a sniper. He was a great finisher, but I think his head was never right again after crashing his Ferrari and killing poor Dan Snyder

So I'm not the only one that is thinking that. It was so stupid. :(

• 2 weeks later...

Archived