NHL

Cisse

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ottawa has traded Lehner and Legwand for Buffalo's 2nd 1st round pick (#21), so we now have #18 and #21 in the first round, see what Murray can turn those into. Supposed to be a deep draft and we have a good track record of picking up good players n the teens (see Karlsson). Lucic just gone to LA and Hamilton to Calgary for a 1st and two 2nds in this years draft... starts in 2 hrs....

Who's going to follow the Draft ? Who do you want your team to pick ?

We don't get to pick until 59, although I'm hoping we can do some savvy trading. Trade Talbot and Klein to Oilers for the sixteenth, try and dump Glass on the Coyotes to help them reach the cap floor. My dream would be moving Girardi for a first and rolling with Yandle-McDonagh and Staal-Boyle next year.

Also, what are Boston thinking? The Lucic deal was a good one but they could easily end up regretting Hamilton for a long, long time. I reckon they're making a play for the 3rd OA, so they can get Boston College boy Hanifin.

Boston needs to rebuild and I tip my hat to Don Sweeney for the courage he is showing. He might be unpopular amongst the fans next two or three years but they will go forward with their new agenda. I also believe they are signing a free agent defenseman pretty soon.

It will be interesting to see if Oilers finally trade some talent from their offense to get some balance on their team.

Boston needs to rebuild and I tip my hat to Don Sweeney for the courage he is showing. He might be unpopular amongst the fans next two or three years but they will go forward with their new agenda. I also believe they are signing a free agent defenseman pretty soon.

It will be interesting to see if Oilers finally trade some talent from their offense to get some balance on their team.

If rebuilding, why would they trade Hamilton? He just shat the bed imo, and the picks he made were horrid when he could have had Barzal.

I don't know what Sweeney is doing but I got a strog feeling he has made some kind of strategy which he will follow until he succeeds or go bust with it. Since it is the Bruins I'm hoping for the latter.

The drafts Sweeney got done are odd but they still might pay off.

• 1 month later...

So - did Kane do it, and if he did, should he be banned from the league?

Situation is bad for Kane either way.Even if the woman in question retracts her claim about the rape allegation,his reputation has already been clouded with this.

I'm not saying she is lying or that Kane is a rapist either;only time will tell.

But yes if he is found to have raped this woman,then yes ban him and send him to prison for a long time.

Situation is bad for Kane either way.Even if the woman in question retracts her claim about the rape allegation,his reputation has already been clouded with this.

I'm not saying she is lying or that Kane is a rapist either;only time will tell.

But yes if he is found to have raped this woman,then yes ban him and send him to prison for a long time.

It looks pretty bad for the league as well imo, Kane is the biggest American star on probably the most popular American team and has been heavily marketed by the league. I'm not sure he'll be convicted though, it doesn't seem like there's enough evidence. Either way as you say his reputation has been seriously clouded.

• 4 weeks later...

How do you rate the team you are supporting next season?

I like the pick of Hanifin the Canes made and I believe he will be slotted in right from the start. The getting of James Wisniewski I think will be a productive one as well. Defensively I think we be a bit better. In an offensive sense, think we will be slightly better as well.

We shall see. Last season was an utter disaster for both team and fans, but I think we will do better this season. Will the Canes make playoffs? Well no, I do not think we will, but I think we will finish better and just keep on rebuilding.

How do you rate the team you are supporting next season?

Think Rangers will be about the same, won't repeat the President's Trophy (Lightning have got to be favourites) but will comfortably make the playoffs. Swapping Hagelin for Etem means it's a bit more unpredictable as Etem might flourish or he might sink as opposed to Hags' steady 3rd-line play. Having Yandle for the whole year will definitely help our cause and hopefully McDonagh will bounce back after a rough year (playing with Dan Girardi doesn't help - the guy is trash; would love to see a McD-Yandle pairing). Nash probably won't be quite so outstanding and so we're going to need some other guys to step up and contribute - I think Hayes will be excellent in his sophomore year, and J.T. Miller will enjoy a breakout season. Brassard should top 50 points again and I think Stepan and Kreider will put up 60 points and 30 goals respectively.

That being said, where we need to improve is in the playoffs. I personally think that this could be the year where the East recovers superiority over the West and there will be a lot of strong teams in the field. Nash needs to carry on getting better as a "big game" player, Hank needs to be lights-out again, and we need to score some more goals. 

Overall I predict a Kings-Predators WC Final, Rangers-Lightning EC Final, Lightning-Kings final, Lightning winners. Vezina Carey Price. Norris Duncan Keith. MVP Mr Tyler Seguin.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived