Alan Pardew

jimbobram

He's kicked off multiple times though. It's a joke now. I can't stand him. This isn't just about one incident. He swore at Man City's boss big time, he's tried to attack Wenger and O'Neil, pushed a linesman.

Great example....

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Obviously shunt a done it, but call that a headbutt? Really?

Hey, have you ever seen a "mass brawl" in football?

In the football world what Pardew did was the sort of thing that can lead to brain damage.

Didn't someone nearly kill RVP with a football once?

Hey, have you ever seen a "mass brawl" in football?

In the football world what Pardew did was the sort of thing that can lead to brain damage.

Didn't someone nearly kill RVP with a football once?

Seems to me that football journalists must drink in some very genteel pubs. Either that or they're stirring things up to the point of hysteria to fill a few more column inches. No, surely not.

Seems to me that football journalists must drink in some very genteel pubs. Either that or they're stirring things up to the point of hysteria to fill a few more column inches. No, surely not.

How would you say this incident compares to Millwall fans throwing the ball to Harry Redknapp when "it broke Joe's glasses. He could need stitches in there".

Pardew's hate filled savage head vs Millwall fans super throw beheading two men stood miles apart

Rugby is for softies

I don't know what Pardew has done in the past but would like to hear it. Obviously he has done quite a lot since he is so unpopular. In this incident though I think this Hull player thought he can push an old man anyway he wants and get away with it. So I'm on Parew's side on this.

I know you lot don't like ice hockey but if a player would push a head coach in NHL he would be mobbed and rightly so. I'm an ar**hole myself but you have got to show some respect to your elders both in sports and otherwise.

Yes it's not a hardcore "headbutt", but it's like raising your hand on the pitch, you shouldn't do it and it's the intent that matters. 

Also if you watch the lead up to the incident, he starts to appeal to the ref over the throw in, then lowers his hands and steps over the ball, then spreads his arms as Maylor tries to get past him. Another stupid act as he's trying to interfere in the field of play. 

Maylor should not have shoved him and was rightly booked. But Pardew set the whole situation up by interfering and trying to delay the throw in.

Case closed M'lud

Not a headbutt - I see this from 15-16 yr olds everyday who decide to act like stags and use their heads, in an aggressive way.

But Pardew isn't a kid, and no matter how much you get provoked (and tbf there wasn't much of it at all) he should remember who and what his position is.

I know he's apologised but will he have learned a lesson from it, as this isn't the first time he's landed himself in trouble..

Not a brilliant example to youngsters watching either imo.

The media have gone so far OTT they have no gravitational pull.

Sacked?

If Newcastle start showing discipline problems or lose then fair enough. It's something that will count against him.

Sack him for that aggressive Eskimo kiss? After they battered Hull? That'd be stupid.

Not the most loveable manager and deserves a punishment and some stick. I can't believe that's the highlight from the "best league in the world".

Indeed. If he's going to be fined £100k he might as well rip his ******* ears off and get his money's worth.

I'd be scared if I produced a head butt like that on the street the only effect it would have would be to allow me to run away while they're all laughing. But on a football pitch it's GBH and the 'victim' starts crying like a girl.

Man up, FFS.

At least if kids do take that as a role model, no one is ever really going to get hurt in a play ground. It should be encouraged.

Encourage aggression?

It does happen, course it does, but aggression should be controlled, not encouraged. Just my opinion tho.

This is completely ridiculous. Do we expect a player to be sacked for the same? I feel for the guy. He was aggressively shoved, stood up for himself and shoved his face in the players face. Anyone who thinks that was a headbutt is deluded. Well done Pardew for standing up for yourself. Well done Steve Bruce too. His comments are spot on. He would have been embarrassed if his player fell to the ground like a wuss. 

A 4 match ban for Pardew, nothing more. 

This is completely ridiculous. Do we expect a player to be sacked for the same? I feel for the guy. He was aggressively shoved, stood up for himself and shoved his face in the players face. Anyone who thinks that was a headbutt is deluded. Well done Pardew for standing up for yourself. Well done Steve Bruce too. His comments are spot on. He would have been embarrassed if his player fell to the ground like a wuss. 

A 4 match ban for Pardew, nothing more. 

Bit different though a "headbutt" by a player on the field of play & a manager on the touchline do you not think? If we "condone" managers physically attacking people then the game's well & truly going to the dogs.

As for being aggressively shoved - well he was in Meyler's way as he tried to retrieve the ball & made no attempt to move. I'd say Meyler was probably slightly over the top in shoving him but Pardew's reaction was ridiculously out of proportion. He's actually run over to Meyler to put his head in his face after Meyler had gone past him - hes not really stood up to anything.

Should be at least a touchline ban til the end of the season, a massive FA fine & he can count himself lucky at that, particularly with his record. 20 years ago he'd have been sacked on the spot.

Archived