New scouting set up

Boss

absolute nonsense. Mo Camara never put a foot wrong defensively when here. This is the annoying and frustrating habit fans have now of judging someone on something that isn't their job! Mo Camara was awful once past the halfway line admittedly, but as a defender was steady and reliable.

I always thought he was a steady enough left back but his "step overs" were fantastic once he got past that halfway line haha like a baby giraffe on ice skates. 

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

absolute nonsense. Mo Camara never put a foot wrong defensively when here. This is the annoying and frustrating habit fans have now of judging someone on something that isn't their job! Mo Camara was awful once past the halfway line admittedly, but as a defender was steady and reliable.

Part of the 8 wins in a row in the promotion season.....

Not really sure how much longer we can use the excuse of not having the resources of clubs around us.

Training ground, stadium, management structure, scouting network....it's all there.

No nice range of fridge freezers though, we're still playing catchup....

My dream job is under 21s women's scout somewhere with a warm climate, oh to dream

I'd love to check out the Brazilians....and then afterwards they could show me their ball-skills.....

I'm worried that Joe Mac does not have the necessary qualifications for this role. Does he have any experience in the sale of delivery of newspapers? Even a experience as a paperboy would help.

I understand he's PLAYED Paperboy.

Good enough for me.

Couldn't care less who scouts for us ir how they structure it. If they sign good players fine. 

You can't really knock Simon Clough either. Most of the team we're all so excited about was signed while he was a scout so he can't have been totally useless.

People used Simon Clough as (not very) veiled criticism of Nigel Clough. For that sort of snap judgement, experience and ability is completely irrelevant.

Being a scout must be the best job in the world. Going around the world being paid to watch football and find some gems

i wanna sign up

Those are the good parts of it. Vile agents, hanging on the phone/laptop 24/7, hotel life etc.. are the other part of it

Hmmm - Mo Camara was pretty dreadful as a left back when he was here. I shall not let that cloud my judgement of his scouting abilities...

However - appointing his own son does seem to reek of nepotism. He basically has two years experience at Twente and 3 months as an intern at Forest. In other words, nobody has ever given him a job apart from his own Dad.

http://uk.linkedin.com/pub/joe-mcclaren/48/533/a87

Ummmm................i'm underwhelmed.

Ummmm................i'm underwhelmed.

You have one job to do, and that's to support the team.

Let others worry about other people's jobs. You'll sleep a lot easier.

You have one job to do, and that's to support the team.

Let others worry about other people's jobs. You'll sleep a lot easier.

But i'm still allowed to comment arent i ?

Sidestepping the actual appointments as I know nowt about their scouting pedigree, I'm pleased that we've got scouts charged with spreading the net far wider than in recent times - the world's a big old place & whilst we'd all like a squad of home-grown Brits, the reality is those days are long gone.

Clubs like Newcastle, Wigan & West Brom have been particularly effective in spotting talented foreign lads, buying them cheap & either polishing them up as first teamers or selling them for large profits. With the financial model GSE have & the inevitable wage explosion that would occur if we went up, I think its a very wise policy.

Sidestepping the actual appointments as I know nowt about their scouting pedigree, I'm pleased that we've got scouts charged with spreading the net far wider than in recent times - the world's a big old place & whilst we'd all like a squad of home-grown Brits, the reality is those days are long gone.

Clubs like Newcastle, Wigan & West Brom have been particularly effective in spotting talented foreign lads, buying them cheap & either polishing them up as first teamers or selling them for large profits. With the financial model GSE have & the inevitable wage explosion that would occur if we went up, I think its a very wise policy.

Why are the days of home-grown players long gone?

Did we not sign brayford, bailey, forsyth, buxton, bryson, ward, martin, russell, dawkins and others?

Why are the days of home-grown players long gone?

Did we not sign brayford, bailey, forsyth, Buxton, bryson, ward, martin, russell, dawkins and others?

I think the point is that we spent money on the likes of Sammon and Keogh, that might've got better players from the foreign markets.

Archived