The BBC

Knowle Rohrer

Does anyone else dislike this vile organisation with a passion like I do?

The quality of their output is mediocre compared to other broadcasters such as HBO. There is a complete left wing leaning within the organisation.

The way they are funded is outrageous in this day and age. There is a wide choice of broadcasters but yet we have to pay the BBC before we can access them! Can you imagine a newspaper licence where you had to buy the Guardian before another newspaper! They also threaten people who legitimately do not need a TV licence with misleading letters and spout lies and nonsense about TV detector vans.

They waste our money as well showing the utter contempt they have for the licence fee payer; for the World Cup in South Africa they spent a fortune on a lavish studio in Cape Town! The salaries for their executives are disgusting.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does anyone else dislike this vile organisation with a passion like I do?

The quality of their output is mediocre compared to other broadcasters such as HBO. There is a complete left wing leaning within the organisation.

The way they are funded is outrageous in this day and age. There is a wide choice of broadcasters but yet we have to pay the BBC before we can access them! Can you imagine a newspaper licence where you had to buy the Guardian before another newspaper! They also threaten people who legitimately do not need a TV licence with misleading letters and spout lies and nonsense about TV detector vans.

They waste our money as well showing the utter contempt they have for the licence fee payer; for the World Cup in South Africa they spent a fortune on a lavish studio in Cape Town! The salaries for their executives are disgusting.

Couldn't disagree more. I see you have been swallowing the anti-BBC propaganda from the Tories/Daily Mail/Murdoch. Though it may be better than some had to swallow from some BBC employees in the 70's. 

Profoundly disagree.

It's the best Television network on the planet. When we get foreign shows, we get the highlights. Go abroad and stick on the Tele during the day - we have it so good.

Salaries of their executives don't bother me. Most of them could make more money working for Sky. Which is far more objectionable.

Do the BBC have left-wing bias? Or are they just not right-wing bias like the rest of the media? Most of the anti-BBC propaganda comes from the Murdoch press and the Daily Mail. Have a think why that might be.

If you think the BBC is bias then what does that make half the newspapers in our country? Consider the news in America - Fox have outrageous levels of control of what goes out. Or consider Italy - Berlusconi owns of the 7 terrestrial channels. 

The Beeb has slacked a bit in recent years but it still sets the bar. Aside from the TV channels, you have the news, the website, the radio shows and the local news which is of huge significance both economically and culturally to this country.

Honestly think that the BBC is one thing we can be incredibly proud of.

I don't understand why you think the BBC is left-wing. I think they go out of their way to be as neutral as possible and offer a balanced argument. Their political editor, Nick Robinson, doesn't hide the fact that he is a true blue tory.

I think their programming over the years has been second to none and this is one institution by the British people for the British people that is the envy of the world.

Nothing that odious Australian ever touches will ever reflect anything other than his interests and viewpoint.

I like the bbc but.......

I'm not a fan of the celebrity salaries and the cliques

Fookin jonathan ross and chris evans and graham norton and all them other fookers who keep coming back time and again on mega bucks.

Get rid.

I like the bbc but.......

I'm not a fan of the celebrity salaries and the cliques

Fookin jonathan ross and chris evans and graham norton and all them other fookers who keep coming back time and again on mega bucks.

Get rid.

Ross has gone. Evans is on less money than he used to get on Channel 4 despite being the most listened to DJ in the world and Norton took a pay cut. Inevitably market forces dictate where the talent goes. Just like football.

Ross has gone. Evans is on less money than he used to get on Channel 4 despite being the most listened to DJ in the world and Norton took a pay cut. Inevitably market forces dictate where the talent goes. Just like football.

Talent?

All organisations have there faults.

The BBC will go out of their way to apologise to anyone if they get it wrong.

The Sun/Daily Mail will nail them for any mistake they make.

The Sun/Daily Mail will also moan when there is negative coverage of the stories they want to lead with.

The Sun/Daily Mail will also place stories about phone hacking way way into the depths of their rags.

I rarely watch anything on the BBC. It is nearly all rubbish. But the same can be said for ITV, C4 and all those channels you get on freesat. I get my news from RT and my entertainment from the internet. TV today is mainly for children and for oldies who don't know about XBMC.

I have to say that I agree with the origional post completely.

The BBC is a smug, politically biased, self-serving, publically funded disgrace.

Yes, they do turn out some good, interesting and/or entertaining programmes, but so do many other companies, but I'm not forced to directly fund other enterprises.

All organisations have there faults.

The BBC will go out of their way to apologise to anyone if they get it wrong.

The Sun/Daily Mail will nail them for any mistake they make.

The Sun/Daily Mail will also moan when there is negative coverage of the stories they want to lead with.

The Sun/Daily Mail will also place stories about phone hacking way way into the depths of their rags.

But we don't have to fund the Sun/Daily Mail. And although the press may  be unpleasant at times, their influence is tiny when compared to the state  broadcaster.

But we don't have to fund the Sun/Daily Mail. And although the press may  be unpleasant at times, their influence is tiny when compared to the state  broadcaster.

Again, I strongly disagree.

I'd happily pay the license fee twice over if it stopped Murdoch and the Daily Mail getting their grasp on this country with their grubby little hands any tighter.

Taking politics out if it, I'd say that BBC channels get a bit lost in the huge selection of channels we have now, and I normally find myself watching shows on Sky 1 or Sky Atlantic.

It's not like BBC 1 is wall to wall fantastic programmes. However, when they do push the boat out and do something special, they can do some ridiculously good stuff.

Sherlock, Dr. Who, Being Human, all the David Attenborough stuff, there is some very, very good stuff on there. But i do find it few and far between.

Archived