I ram a believer now

ChaddesdenRam

I have criticised the team all season long saying we can't play percentage, dirty, backs to the walls football and will always lose to the top 6 teams.

Hold my hands up now.

This is massive psychologically.

Pretty much guaranteed a playoff spot now beat Sheffield Wednesday and Bournemouth and it's sets up a very important game vs Burnley.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The key now isn't if we can make the playoffs, the position we've been in since the start of the year has been one where it would take near relegation form to miss out, but whether or not the side is capable of pushing for automatic promotion. Today was a massive result in terms of where the players heads would be at in the playoffs, but with one point between us, Burnley and QPR from here we really have to look at the battle for the top two. 20 points from here (16 games to play) would beat the highest points total needed to make the playoffs, and to be blunt I would be disappointed with anything shy of 80 points from where we are (24 points from 16 games would be 1.5 points per game, or roughly mid table form). 

Considering the coming games there are two that stand out, Burnley away and Forest at home. To a lesser extent Reading away (just before Forest at home) could be another big match too, but being able to beat Burnley and Forest will probably be as important as beating QPR today come the end of the season. With the remaining fixtures from Forest, if we are top 2, or within a point or so after that match, I would say we'd be favourites to take that second automatic spot. We've got a big month ahead of ourselves. 

The key now isn't if we can make the playoffs, the position we've been in since the start of the year has been one where it would take near relegation form to miss out, but whether or not the side is capable of pushing for automatic promotion. Today was a massive result in terms of where the players heads would be at in the playoffs, but with one point between us, Burnley and QPR from here we really have to look at the battle for the top two. 20 points from here (16 games to play) would beat the highest points total needed to make the playoffs, and to be blunt I would be disappointed with anything shy of 80 points from where we are (24 points from 16 games would be 1.5 points per game, or roughly mid table form).

Considering the coming games there are two that stand out, Burnley away and Forest at home. To a lesser extent Reading away (just before Forest at home) could be another big match too, but being able to beat Burnley and Forest will probably be as important as beating QPR today come the end of the season. With the remaining fixtures from Forest, if we are top 2, or within a point or so after that match, I would say we'd be favourites to take that second automatic spot. We've got a big month ahead of ourselves.

Albert has spake. Spoken. Speaked. You get the message.

To me, this was a season defining game. Loose or draw, and autos is bought but a dream. Play offs is all but in the bag anyway, so we could basically coast to a finish in the top 6. Our season would basically be over.

But win, and now autos isn't just a dream, it's a very real possibility. We've got something to properly push on for now. This will make for a very interesting final third of the season.

To me, this was a season defining game. Loose or draw, and autos is bought but a dream. Play offs is all but in the bag anyway, so we could basically coast to a finish in the top 6. Our season would basically be over.

But win, and now autos isn't just a dream, it's a very real possibility. We've got something to properly push on for now. This will make for a very interesting final third of the season.

Totally totally totally agree.

Was saying all day at work (I work in Ashby with a load of Leicester fans) that we had to go all out for the win. Won or bust almost as I couldn't see us getting auto's if potentially 7 points adrift after game in hand. But now we have the possibility to really push. 5 games left against top half opposition. 5 GAMES! Surely

Totally totally totally agree.

Was saying all day at work (I work in Ashby with a load of Leicester fans) that we had to go all out for the win. Won or bust almost as I couldn't see us getting auto's if potentially 7 points adrift after game in hand. But now we have the possibility to really push. 5 games left against top half opposition. 5 GAMES! Surely

Burnley's a mahoosive game now. Win that and we're sorted. And I've said it somewhere else, but I think Forest can do us a real favour too. They've got good form against the likes of Burnley and QPR.

We've played 5 of the hardest games we'll play all season now (QPR and Leicester twice, and Burnley once). Just one more massively challenging game to go, Burnley away. Get through that, and well have earned our place in the top too. But that is easier said than done.

Burnley's a mahoosive game now. Win that and we're sorted. And I've said it somewhere else, but I think Forest can do us a real favour too. They've got good form against the likes of Burnley and QPR.

We've played 5 of the hardest games we'll play all season now (QPR and Leicester twice, and Burnley once). Just one more massively challenging game to go, Burnley away. Get through that, and well have earned our place in the top too. But that is easier said than done.

Totally disagree Teddy! We could lose to Burnley and the gumps and still go up automatically. 

Our season will be determined on how we do vs Millwall, Bolton, Charlton etc. The two points we tossed away at Birmingham look pretty important now when you look at the league table.

Totally disagree Teddy! We could lose to Burnley and the gumps and still go up automatically.

Our season will be determined on how we do vs Millwall, Bolton, Charlton etc. The two points we tossed away at Birmingham look pretty important now when you look at the league table.

That's true. And there's a few other points we've dropped that it would be nice to have right now.

But I can't see us dropping too many more (certainly not to the gumps, doesn't bear thinking about). I can't see Burnley dropping too many either. So we can't go gifting them 3 pts when we play them. It'll be a proper 6 pointer.

I'd take a draw, but a win, for me, would see the champagne going on ice.

That's true. And there's a few other points we've dropped that it would be nice to have right now.

But I can't see us dropping too many more (certainly not to the gumps, doesn't bear thinking about). I can't see Burnley dropping too many either. So we can't go gifting them 3 pts when we play them. It'll be a proper 6 pointer.

I'd take a draw, but a win, for me, would see the champagne going on ice.

We'll destroy the gumps and probably win at Burnley. My fear is the games we "should" win. This league is so unpredictable, all we can do is one game at a time....Sheffy Wendy is more important then the gumps purely because its the next game!

Anyway, lost me voice tonight, tis a good time to be a Ram :D

Archived