Monday 6.55am ITV4

sage

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Big Match Revisited

Action from the 1983 season. On the final day of the league campaign, relegation-threatened Derby take on promotion-chasing Fulham in Division Two. Plus highlights from Leicester City v Burnley, Bury v Wimbledon and Dundee United v Dundee
Category Football/Soccer
ITV4  6:55am-7:45am (50 minutes) Mon 10 Feb 
(Repeat)

I was on the pitch that day - my mate fell through the dugout roof! You don't get entertainment like that anymore!

I even remember the name of the bloke that kicked the Fulham player, but I won't mention it here in case he is now a pillar of the local community!

OK, hands up.

Who legged up the Fulham player so I can finally buy him the beer I owe him? Was it you, Utch?

The best thing about that was the game was restarted with a contested drop ball none of this giving the ball back to the opposition like today.

The best thing about that was the game was restarted with a contested drop ball none of this giving the ball back to the opposition like today.

And of course the match never actually finished. It was abandoned.

Prior to the "foot of god" incident there were scenes akin to the white horse cup final with crowds surrounding the pitch.

I had a few in the White Horse afterwards.

Archived