Referee Jeremy Simpson...

RamFan13

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Being a former referee at a decent non league level it does make me laugh when managers criticise referees and blaming there woes on them.

Referees make mistakes. They get criticised after, managers and players make mistakes. But it's always the referees fault. Never there's. It's always the referee costs them the game etc.

As fans we obviously shout for every decision etc but there will come a time when referees will be short to come by.

I proposed this to the FA many years ago. Make refereeing full time from an early age. Instead of a club paying the fees why not the FA Pay? They make a shed load of money already from TV and other revenue streams surely they can pay an up and coming 19/20 year old £16-17K a year?

Also I would get every professional clubs academy sides from U16 on upwards to referee Sunday league games up and down the country. They then might appreciate having a referee at a game a bit more. Would also free up coaches etc who have to step in and voluntary do it as there was no referee to ref there game.

There is a big crisis at the moment with shortage of referees because of all the negativity towards them from professional clubs. The media don't help either.

Young kids see there role models get away with everything and try an copy. I feel for today's referees I really do.

Being a former referee at a decent non league level it does make me laugh when managers criticise referees and blaming there woes on them.

Referees make mistakes. They get criticised after, managers and players make mistakes. But it's always the referees fault. Never there's. It's always the referee costs them the game etc.

As fans we obviously shout for every decision etc but there will come a time when referees will be short to come by.

I proposed this to the FA many years ago. Make refereeing full time from an early age. Instead of a club paying the fees why not the FA Pay? They make a shed load of money already from TV and other revenue streams surely they can pay an up and coming 19/20 year old £16-17K a year?

Also I would get every professional clubs academy sides from U16 on upwards to referee Sunday league games up and down the country. They then might appreciate having a referee at a game a bit more. Would also free up coaches etc who have to step in and voluntary do it as there was no referee to ref there game.

There is a big crisis at the moment with shortage of referees because of all the negativity towards them from professional clubs. The media don't help either.

Young kids see there role models get away with everything and try an copy. I feel for today's referees I really do.

The referee really was woeful yesterday though...    :lol:  

He added just enough time for us to get the winner so he's not all bad.

Looked like a peno to me  but I wasnt that close to it. Some daft decisions too, guy next to me was moaning about the tackle for the free kick at the end wasnt a booking... he stopped moaning when Martin headed it in tho! 

yer don't know wot yer doing!

I thought the referee was fine. Think we expect too much and are too biased.

You've posted a load about last night's game - every single one of which was negative and the polar opposite of pretty well everyone else's opinion.

Either you are wrong - or everyone else is.

You've posted a load about last night's game - every single one of which was negative and the polar opposite of pretty well everyone else's opinion.

As John Stuart Mill would say, it is absolutely essential that people listen to the lone voice.

Gandhi said that just because you are in a minority of one, it doesn't make you wrong.

Beware the tyrany of the majority.

Just another 5500 posts to catch up with you.

Negative:

Dawkins end product is poor because he cannot shoot, has no left foot, has little creativity and is greedy.

Ward - surprised he came on and not Russell or Sammon at half time

Farce of the turnstiles not working properly

Positive:

Bamford and Hughes superb. Yes Hughes gave it away a few times but he continued to try and play

Crowd was excellent

Mentality of the team is brilliant and love it how all 10 outfield players celebrate goals together

Continue a winning nature

DCFC turned down the volume on the PA system

Neutral:

Referee performance. Fans complain for not giving a penalty but conveniently forget to mention the none penalty award for Buxtons blatant push etc

Happier now mr 6500 post man Eddie?

I particularly enjoyed his decision not to give a foul when their CB launched a karate kick at Bryson that was so high it went over his head. Apart from that he only made 5 bad decisions I can remember.

penalty on Martin

booking one player for kicking the ball away then not booking the next one who said it

foul on Martin for their second goal

giving a free kick against Forsyth for the same shoulder barge as their second goal. ironically in exactly the same sq metre of the pitch

not booking their tall cf for continuous fouling until injury time

Apart from that he did well.

p.s. I genuinely didn't see Buxton's push

I particularly enjoyed his decision not to give a foul when their CB launched a karate kick at Bryson that was so high it went over his head. Apart from that he only made 5 bad decisions I can remember.

penalty on Martin

booking one player for kicking the ball away then not booking the next one who said it

foul on Martin for their second goal

giving a free kick against Forsyth for the same shoulder barge as their second goal. ironically in exactly the same sq metre of the pitch

not booking their tall cf for continuous fouling until injury time

Apart from that he did well.

p.s. I genuinely didn't see Buxton's push

Would add when Ward got a knee in the back (almost got him on the neck/head) and gave them a throw.

I thought he did alright.

Maybe that just means 'alright tby the usual standards'

the only thing he got DRASTICALLY wrong was waving play-on for the foul on Martin before their 2nd goal but not bringing it back when we lost the ball after Hughes had been foced to do 3 kick-ups with his back to goal until there was a pass on.

I didn't think Martin should have had a penalty.

Archived