George Thorne

North_Stand_Ram

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@ianallen1: @reluctantnicko have you heard anything about derby being potentially interested in andy king if they don't get Thorne?

@reluctantnicko: @ianallen1 Interesting ... might go into that tomorrow.

:/

Nixon said they'll be something in the Sunday people about us, assuming it's about Thorne not coming :(

I'll bite - Leicester fans would says that King is good going forward but poorer defensively - he's not really an alternative to Thorne (good player though he is)

hmm i think this will go one of three ways now,

1) Irvine will speak to George tomorrow and tell him to stick around, show him what he can do in pre season training etc etc. Georges head will be turned and he will take the opportunity of a new manager and stick around to make his claim. Disappointed Rams fans all round.

2) George tells Irvine where to shove his pre season, he wants to come to us. Irvine relates that to that t**t Peace. we get wind of it and make another offer of £2m, Peace again rejects it saying George is going nowhere because "nobody messes with me, im a business man don't you know" the saga continues long into the summer.

3)George tells Irvine where to shove his pre season, he wants to come to us. Irvine respects his decision, tells the board to let him go, we put in an offer of £2m, shock horror, fee agreed! forum goes into meltdown, threads of George spotted in B&Q buying patio furniture surface everywhere and finally on Friday he's at moor farm sat at a desk with a crap pen and a big cheesy grin on his mush signing a three year deal, everyones happy!

Get's ready for another 20 pages of what does Nixon know, talks out his arse, WBA will be back to say how deluded we are as Hughes and Thornes valuations are talked about again....

It's not "what does Nixon know", it's just a air of caution considering the number of conflicting ideas and sources that are flying around. He was pretty much stating Bryson and Keogh were as good as gone last week from what I could tell, now saying that it mightn't be on at all.

Whilst I wouldn't write him off, I certainly wouldn't get excited by anything he says either. Might be a hint to what's happened, but hardly a sure thing.

hmm i think this will go one of three ways now,

1) Irvine will speak to George tomorrow and tell him to stick around, show him what he can do in pre season training etc etc. Georges head will be turned and he will take the opportunity of a new manager and stick around to make his claim. Disappointed Rams fans all round.

2) George tells Irvine where to shove his pre season, he wants to come to us. Irvine relates that to that t**t Peace. we get wind of it and make another offer of £2m, Peace again rejects it saying George is going nowhere because "nobody messes with me, im a business man don't you know" the saga continues long into the summer.

3)George tells Irvine where to shove his pre season, he wants to come to us. Irvine respects his decision, tells the board to let him go, we put in an offer of £2m, shock horror, fee agreed! forum goes into meltdown, threads of George spotted in B&Q buying patio furniture surface everywhere and finally on Friday he's at moor farm sat at a desk with a crap pen and a big cheesy grin on his mush signing a three year deal, everyones happy!

Or he could just politely say that, while he respects and thanks WBA for everything they've done for him, he thinks it's time to move on and Derby are the perfect candidate. They'll offer the right money and George wants to move there.

Irvine will say to let the kid go once they've brought in another player. Hopefully.

Always the option of another loan, could be the best thing for both clubs.....whilst we've seen what Thorne has done in a few months there has to still be doubts over him lasting a full season with his injury riddled past.

Not saying I wouldn't be happy with signing Thorne but imagine laying down £2-3m and picks up another long term injury.

Always the option of another loan, could be the best thing for both clubs.....whilst we've seen what Thorne has done in a few months there has to still be doubts over him lasting a full season with his injury riddled past.

Not saying I wouldn't be happy with signing Thorne but imagine laying down £2-3m and picks up another long term injury.

Can't see west brom loaning anyone to Derby again for a good while.

Don't see why not, we loaned a player, gave him games and probably increased his value. Put a bid in which was rejected and that's it.

Why exactly, the club didn't do anything improper. We have simply put in a bid of a player who did well for us, something that is not only very common in the footballing world, but something pretty much any club would do, and be expected to do in most circumstances.

It's this old thing about the media seemingly pitting clubs against eachother though. Whilst many might get that impression, they're probably all have a good ol' giggle about it behind the scenes while they talk hard numbers.

Archived