George Thorne

North_Stand_Ram

Fair play.

Genuine question: who else out there would you have in the DMC role? Hendrick cant do it, certainly don't want Hughes or Byrson there, Eustace is crackin on....I'm not sure tbh...

Coutts

No-one seems to be mentioning him but I think he could do the role... Always thought he looked more accomplished in the centre than out wide... he strong, can tackle and he sticks to his position better than Hendrick does... he very rarely drifted inside when playing on the right which most CMs tend to do...

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fair play.

Genuine question: who else out there would you have in the DMC role? Hendrick cant do it, certainly don't want Hughes or Byrson there, Eustace is crackin on....I'm not sure tbh...

No he's ideal for the system the Rams play with a holding midfielder but not all teams play that system with Martin as the loan striker etc and I'm not saying I wouldn't have paid the 2.5 Million in the Rams position. The only other player at the club for that role is Eustace and as you say he's not got age on his side but can do a good job for us but not week in week out.

Mac played Cisse against Sheff Wednesday and I thought he did well in that role and I would think Mac would know of others out there.

Let's hope we get Thorne now because it's dragging on too long IMO .

Fair play.

Tim Sparv.

When he has actually played the holding midfielder. Not remember Clough diamond?

Well... Personally I'm not going to damn the idea based on what, 1 or 2 games?

Plus... we have one of the best coaches in the country now... reckon Macca might have a few ideas about how to do it...

Daveo's nailed it on there.

Physically might look the part, has the passing ability to do so. But doesn't mean he has the positioning or mental ability to do it.

Same reason you wouldn't put Hendrick there.

Archived