The demise of Forest

ladyram

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The thing that makes me laugh is if you say anything about the name change you receive numerous tweets trying to defend the name change because they're trying to convince themselves they're okay with it. Plus if you say anything about Kuwait your brandished a racist? Embarrassing! Every fan of any club I've seen on twitter have said how much Forest have embarrassed themselves recently!

If they were to get 500million I'd expect there to be a few inquisitions into where the money has come from!

Something has obviously been lost in translation. Also, as we have seen over and over again, that lot down the road are all mouth yet deliver on nothing. "We could buy any club in the world" yet for some reason can't pay any local business that we contract to do work for us...

Funny when you read Fawaz' interview from May

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/may/05/fawaz-al-hasawi-government-nottingham-forest-championship-stuart-pearce

Manchester City were mid-table when Sheikh Mansour bought the club. It's only about money. But who pushes Manchester City? An entire government. And who pushes Forest? Only Fawaz al-Hasawi, with nobody helping him. Nobody, even from Kuwait.

No sponsorship. Nobody. Even the company we have [for shirt sponsorship], it's our company."So we are pushing with one hand. Manchester City have a government behind them and when you have a government behind you it is different to one man.

The thing that makes me laugh is if you say anything about the name change you receive numerous tweets trying to defend the name change because they're trying to convince themselves they're okay with it. Plus if you say anything about Kuwait your brandished a racist? Embarrassing! Every fan of any club I've seen on twitter have said how much Forest have embarrassed themselves recently!

If they were to get 500million I'd expect there to be a few inquisitions into where the money has come from!

This. I tweeted something pointing out recent and past troubles (having done a bit of research) and had several people have a right go..

https://twitter.com/DCFCMiguel13/status/492941558329905152

I'm not like you cynics. I honestly believe that they have negotiated a deal, open and above board, that is three times the amount that Arsenal receive for both the stadium naming rights and the shirt sponsorship together, and almost double what Manchester City have negotiated for theirs. Not only that, it will be fully authorised under FFP - something that Manchester City and PSG fell foul of.

Forest truly are the Man City of the Midlands now - our paltry iPro and Just Eat sponsorships leave us firmly in their shadow.

PS What happened in the high court today? I presume that they paid HMRC in gold bullion?

This. I tweeted something pointing out recent and past troubles (having done a bit of research) and had several people have a right go..

https://twitter.com/DCFCMiguel13/status/492941558329905152

Straight up denial  :lol:

"Problems? There has never been any problems in Kuwait! Nope! We definitely did not have a Prime Minister step down 3 years ago amongst accusations of high-level corruption!"  :ph34r: 

Anyone got directions to cloud cuckoo land?

I hope this is true, I hope they turn in to a plastic club, season tickets starting at a grand, all the supporters with shandy drinking southern accents. 

What a joke and the 'fans' are letting it happen, so glad we don't have meglomanic owners.

Archived