The demise of Forest

ladyram

I don't know why, but for some reason Reid's failed career puts me in mind of Jason Lee. Him with a pineapple on his head (was that Jason Lee, or is that the guy who plays Earl, or is it both).

I remember seeing a programme when they went to his house and is it Ian Walker, keeper for Tottenham? They were sitting pretty on the premier league, he had his massive house and his model girlfriend. Meanwhile Hason was in a two up two down terrace, with his wife moaning about how Baddiel and Skinner cost her a WAG lifestyle.

Poor ******. Wasn't Baddiel and Skinner what ruined your career mate, it was that ******* Forest.

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If pearce does go back as manager i wouldn't be surprised to see johnny metgod go with him.

At one game they were in the directors box having a right natter.....paying absolutely no attention to the match.

In all seriousness about the best person right now for them would be Clough. He's got experience of cleaning up after Billy's mess and stabilising clubs in the **** and under performing.

It would make me happy to see Forest languish in mid-table mediocrity while Nige fixes everything, back tracking on everything they said while we were going through that process. But it would make me sad when Clough inevitably gets them promoted (in about 5 years, when we're already well established in the prem for several seasons, so not too sad).

But it won't happen, cos Nigel Clough is a ram, he hates Forest. So you're stuck with Collymore in his managerial debut.

Notts County even taking the April piss :lol:

@OfficiaI_NCFC: The club have this morning rejected an approach by Nottingham Forest to enter discussions with Notts County manager Shaun Derry. #NCFC #NFFC

Notts County even taking the April piss :lol:

@OfficiaI_NCFC: The club have this morning rejected an approach by Nottingham Forest to enter discussions with Notts County manager Shaun Derry. #NCFC #NFFC

That isn't. They have made contact with them on Warnock's advice. :lol:

Checked in to the Boscolo in Budapest and at check in they ask where are you from, I said Derby, England. And the reply. Oh you beat Nottingham five zero, was a very good match, was on TV and no one heard of those teams before.

Reality check Gumptards.

Checked in to the Boscolo in Budapest and at check in they ask where are you from, I said Derby, England. And the reply. Oh you beat Nottingham five zero, was a very good match, was on TV and no one heard of those teams before.

Reality check Gumptards.

But….but….famous club….two European cups….back-to-back….

Must have meant that they hadn't heard of Derby twice.

The Mirror reckons that they are about to offer it to Pearce again...and if he turns it down they'll bring in Dave Jones :lol:

Stuart Pearce is closing in on an emotional return to Nottingham Forest following fresh talks yesterday.

Club legend Pearce spent 12 years as a defender at Forest from 1985.

‘Psycho’ is now back in negotiations about succeeding Billy Davies as manager – after last week rejecting the job.

He told owner Fawaz Al Hasawi then that the timing was not ideal ”for personal reasons”.

Former Forest striker Garry Birtles said: “I played with Stuart towards the back end of my career at Forest and know what he’s all about.

“He brought passion to the game, passion to the supporters, it was heart on the sleeve stuff and that’s how Stuart played.

“That endeared him to the fans, they loved him.

“Forest fans have been dying for a connection with the club so it will be interesting to see if he takes it on.

“Forest just need some TLC, they are on a bad run of form at the moment and have had key injuries. It is a very important time.”

Al Hasawi, who is looking for his fourth new full-time boss since buying the club in 2012, is likely to offer Pearce a contract until at least the end of next season.

Pearce had a brief spell as Forest caretaker in 1997 and two years as Manchester City manager before taking over as England Under-21 boss in 2007 until last June.

If he turns down the job, Forest will move to appoint David Jones.

Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook

Alan Shearer springs to mind.

Devastating appointment in my eyes, he'll get caught up in the moment too much, he's not the right choice. Far from it in fact. 

I could be wrong, but it's a choice made purely on sentiment - he is by all accounts a great icon for Forest, but he is a supporter, a worst choice to Davies by a country mile.

Alan Shearer springs to mind.

Devastating appointment in my eyes, he'll get caught up in the moment too much, he's not the right choice. Far from it in fact. 

I could be wrong, but it's a choice made purely on sentiment - he is by all accounts a great icon for Forest, but he is a supporter, a worst choice to Davies by a country mile.

Billy was a great con.

Reality check Gumptards.

Clearly bullsh1t - didn't F0re5t beat Budapest in one of the European Cup finals? Or was that some other European backwater that no one's heard of since? They probably won 5 or 6-0 as well.

Dave jones always looks such a fat miserable get.

I don't see much difference between him and Big Sam.

Dirty route one stuff.

What happened to steve clark, gianfranco zola and glenn hoddle?

Might as well go for Barry Fry now?

Pearce might just give them the short term emotional lift to steer themselves into the play-offs and the a shot at promotion. If they appoint him and stay down the season however, I can't see any limit to how bad it might get. Difficult one for them. If Fawaz appoints their hero and it doesn't pan out, then he'll almost inevitably be the bad guy. I think he'd soon get sick of spending £25m a year to get a dogs abuse like Doughty had.

Archived