The demise of Forest

ladyram

Fair play to RD for putting on a brave face but there's really no debate over 'the better club' - we've just walloped you 5-0, got your Manager the boot, and now your sanity-challenged owner has appointed his own puppet/"yes man" so that he can play at Pseudo Football Manager himself.

Fair play to Fawaz though, he had to do SOMETHING to deflect attention away from what's happening on the pitch at the moment.....

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Meh. At the end of the day we're a shockingly run club, but we have achieved feats you can never even dream of.

We're the biggest and most successful club in the east midlands, and having 9 first teamers out and getting tonked once doesn't change that..

We put 5 past you not long ago, so soon you forget.

Just get a tardis and fook off back to your glory days then, you are just soooooo boring.

A club/business/what ever is judged on what it is doing now.  And your current incarnation only has a history that goes back to 1984.

You have spent £9m under Davies, had 4 managers since Fawaz has taken over and are being laughed at by everybody associated with football.  Even a legend like Pierce has walked away from the cluster **** that is Notts Forest.

Toxic and broken.

Classic quote from LTLF (following the discussion of MON's rejection of their offer to let him manage them….

"Robbo's legacy would hardly be tarnished if he planted a nail bomb in the Trent End concourse at ten to three on a Saturday. Some people are pretty untouchable."

Of course that wouldn't damage his reputation. Who's going to get upset about breaking a bunch of empty seats? It's not as if anyone occupies them any more.

Does anyone remember Woolworths? It was really successful back in the 80s.

My first job was a 'trainee manager' at Woolies 43 years ago.

I lasted 4 weeks and 1 day. Supposedly working a shift system that required me to work 1 Saturday in 3, they somehow manipulated my shifts to work Saturdays 3 weeks on the trot (the old "Sorry, because of absenteeism, we have had to change your shift this week - sorry, but you have to work next Saturday" lark).

When, at the start of the 4th week, the boss said "OK, you are back on your original shift again this week - you have to work next Saturday" - I told him that he was taking the piss and that I would not be turning up - and I didn't. I went to see us play Chelsea away instead.

Sure enough, my cards were waiting for me when I turned up for work - instant dismissal.

Perhaps someone can help.  What are the 2 stars for on the florist badge?  I thought it might some sausagetish thing about historic success but what about Man City they have 3 stars

and then Huddersfield, they also have stars on the badge.

and manure's badge has no stars????

So what is it that Florist have won twice, Man City and Huddersfield three times but manure have never won?

Sorry I don't know the answer perhaps someone else can?

Martin O’Neill has denied speculation linking him with the vacant managerial post at Nottingham Forest, according to reports in Ireland.

O’Neill, the Republic of Ireland manager, is the latest high profile name to be linked to the Championship club, who are looking for a successor to Billy Davies after his second spell in charge of the Reds was brought to an end on Monday in the wake of the 5-0 defeat to local rivals Derby.

The Daily Mail claimed in a report on its website last night that Forest anticipate speaking to O’Neill today about the possibility of him taking over on an interim basis for the remainder for the season.

But the 62-year-old former City Ground favourite has said he has not spoken to his old club.

``I’ve spoken to Martin,`` a spokesman for the Football Association of Ireland (FAI) told the Irish Times.

``He says there’s nothing in it and he doesn’t know where it’s come from.`

O’Neill is the second ex-Forest player in as many days to be linked with the job after Reds legend Stuart Pearce.

He won two European Cups, a league title and a League Cup during his glittering decade-long stay at the club.

Earlier this week, Stan Collymore, another former Red, urged Forest owner and chairman Fawaz Al-Hasawi to `pay whatever remuneration` in takes in compensation to the FAI to release O’Neill and his assistant Roy Keane from their Republic of Ireland contracts.

Although there was no approach, there had even been suggestions that O’Neill and Keane might reprise their partnership at a club where both have played in the past.

However, speaking at Cork City's patron scheme launch on Wednesday night, Keane was eager to reaffirm his commitment to his current role with the national side.

``No, there’ll always be speculation,`` he said. ``I was linked with a job a few months ago and I’ve had opportunities to go abroad but me and Martin have been in the door two minutes with the senior team and we’re enjoying it.

``There’s a big, big challenge ahead. Sometimes with this speculation you’d take it as a compliment. Forest are a top club but my intentions are to continue working with Martin and the senior team and try and qualify for the European Championships.``

Al Hasawi has experienced problems replacing Davies with Neil Warnock and then Pearce turning down the opportunity.

Warnock rejected the Reds after claiming that he was unhappy with the conditions of the job while Pearce declined the invitation for personal reasons.

Despite the setbacks Al Hasawi revealed on Thursday that he hoped to make an appointment by the end of next week and that Steve Clarke, Malky Mackay and Gianfranco Zola are now on his shortlist of candidates.

http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2014/03/28/martin-oneill-and-roy-keane-dismiss-nottingham-forest-link/

I'll eat my hat if any of the three mentioned take charge.*

*Won't actually eat my hat. I don't own one.

Despite the setbacks Al Hasawi revealed on Thursday that he hoped to make an appointment by the end of next week and that Steve Clarke, Malky Mackay and Gianfranco Zola are now on his shortlist of candidates.

Question is, do these people know they're on the short list, or does Fridgeman just run up a sort of shopping list?

Perhaps someone can help.  What are the 2 stars for on the florist badge?  I thought it might some sausagetish thing about historic success but what about Man City they have 3 stars

and then Huddersfield, they also have stars on the badge.

and manure's badge has no stars????

So what is it that Florist have won twice, Man City and Huddersfield three times but manure have never won?

Sorry I don't know the answer perhaps someone else can?

Wooden spoons? Ah no, Florest have more than 2 don't they.

Fawaz is a toxic owner.

I would be amazed is Mackay took the job. With respect, he could do much better.

Its strange how Pearce put himself in the frame, then a day later ruled himself out.

Hoddle would be a disaster, as would Saunders...... Ince is your man, yeh, go for him.

Interesting article on the Beeb website: http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/26752165. The opening couple of paragraphs are particularly relevant in the light of who is the biggest club in the East Midlands and who has won the most of what and when:

"Talk to a Nottingham Forest fan and there's a fair chance that, within a couple of minutes, they will have mentioned Brian Clough and back-to-back European Cups...the latest discontent by the Trent means they are even more likely to bury themselves in the past."

I really don't know what is meant by that.

PistoldPete2

Malky Mackay has distanced himself from the Forest job.

One off your list, Fawaz.

Ooooooh Matron.... Carry on Sheikh Shaggers

Archived