Away Fans in SE from next season

ossieram

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So is this from the S of THE RAMS right round to the D.

There are 2 smaller seated areas that can be a barrier.Don't know about the lower.

"http://tickets.wearederby.com/assets/view_of_pitch/WEST_STAND_BACK_ROW_Q_LARGE" alt="WEST_STAND_BACK_ROW_Q_LARGE">

I sit near the top of the 'S' toward the south, so the stairs i use will be next to the segregation. We are going to stay there next season to see if the atmosphere will be good both sides of the away fans. There are plenty of non-season ticket seats around us so some may be attracted to locate to the 'S' to be closer to the away fans. Hopefully, with a fullish South Stand, we can surround them with a bit of passion and drown them out.

So is this from the S of THE RAMS right round to the D.

There are 2 smaller seated areas that can be a barrier.Don't know about the lower.

"http://tickets.wearederby.com/assets/view_of_pitch/WEST_STAND_BACK_ROW_Q_LARGE" alt="WEST_STAND_BACK_ROW_Q_LARGE">

Look!! There's my seat!!!

Total hire whatsit South Stand though. I mean, come on, how rubbish is that? What they should do is call it The Sponsored By Total Hire whatsit South Stand.

...but - I am glad the club has done this, old news or not. We are the home team. We need the advantage.

Away fans used to have the "D" &"E" sections of the South stand area in the first 2 years. The strip to the left of the D was segregation area.......

The take up of home fans in the remainder of the Soth Stand was low compared to the rest of the groud.

The first season was hilarious, as Derby told all singing fans to go in the North Stand .....never going to happen ...however it did mean some "old/quiet" fans chose to sit in the S area of the East Stand - both Upper and Lower ........ they were forever maoning at people standing up and being noisy. 

i was sat on the back row of the bottom tier, our row was forever being berated by "old/quiet" people behind us ....... 

Another mistake by the Administrators at Derby.

FINALLY we will have a sensible layout, with revised segration partitions on the concoures........

That said it was designed to build an atmospehere in Yr1 and Yr2 at P.Park   Fans never took to being in th South stand back then next to the away fans -- accepting South Stand for Derby fans only commenced to the  side of the goal ..ie just less than half the South Stand seats ...but in those days the South East corner fans would not have tolerated moving ......

I'm interested to see what they do with ST pricing next season, not just because of the potential to be in the promotion mix, but mainly because they managed to move so many into the South Stand by making the STs so very cheap. 

I was one that moved and said from the outset that I'd move back to my old seat (East Stand) if they upped the prices back to "normal" levels. Sitting behind the goal is not something I particularly enjoy but I couldn't refuse the cost saving.

Presumably they will still need to offer cheap ST prices to fill the section that used to be away fans, but there comes a point where you're just shuffling people around the stadium. The section of the East Stand where I used to sit is noticeably sparsely populated now.

I like this idea but everytime everyone goes on about how much having the south stand full of Derby fans will help I think... Isn't it already like that it the North stand and its possibly the quietest part of the ground and makes no difference!?!

I like this idea but everytime everyone goes on about how much having the south stand full of Derby fans will help I think... Isn't it already like that it the North stand and its possibly the quietest part of the ground and makes no difference!?!

North Stand is full of families.

I hope the South Stand prices aren't so cheap again. It just doesn't work. People go there for the cheap tickets and not for the atmosphere and it completely ruins the idea in the first place.

I would have thought south stand seats will be same price as north stand next season as they are the same view just other end of the ground.

Away fans used to have the "D" &"E" sections of the South stand area in the first 2 years. The strip to the left of the D was segregation area.......

The take up of home fans in the remainder of the Soth Stand was low compared to the rest of the groud.

The first season was hilarious, as Derby told all singing fans to go in the North Stand .....never going to happen ...however it did mean some "old/quiet" fans chose to sit in the S area of the East Stand - both Upper and Lower ........ they were forever maoning at people standing up and being noisy. 

i was sat on the back row of the bottom tier, our row was forever being berated by "old/quiet" people behind us ....... 

Another mistake by the Administrators at Derby.

FINALLY we will have a sensible layout, with revised segration partitions on the concoures........

That said it was designed to build an atmospehere in Yr1 and Yr2 at P.Park   Fans never took to being in th South stand back then next to the away fans -- accepting South Stand for Derby fans only commenced to the  side of the goal ..ie just less than half the South Stand seats ...but in those days the South East corner fans would not have tolerated moving ......

I've seen a few comments on t'interweb saying the away fans were in the south east corner when it first opened, I don't remember that at all.

I sat in the North Stand for the first game (the Wimbledon lights out game) thinking that was going to be the singing section. It took a year or so for everyone to filter into the South East corner but it was quite good in there for a few years. The other side of the south stand was never going to be a proper singing area because it was always sold as single seats rather than STs, they just allocated less seats for sale to Derby fans if the away team had a bigger following.

I hope the South Stand prices aren't so cheap again. It just doesn't work. People go there for the cheap tickets and not for the atmosphere and it completely ruins the idea in the first place.

Yeah but on the other hand we don't want it half empty.

Archived