Away Fans in SE from next season

ossieram

I was told on Saturday that when we play the gumps, They will be housed in the wedge of the south east corner and the same will go for all away fans after that.

I didn't want to post as i was not 100% sure about the source of the info.

Nick Webster has tweeted tonight that their will be some big news coming out from the club tomorrow.

I mentioned that i had been told about a change to the seating plan for the scum game and he has basically confirmed that it is true, Without going into the details himself.

So it looks like the plan to move away fans next season is being brought forward.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's now on the website, forest fans in the SE Corner as a trial run. It states all season ticket holders in the area were contacted by letter. Well I know a few who have never had a letter from the club regarding this.

I sit in the East upper very close the proposed seperation point, and I am not a happy point. But oh well what I think is not important

Derby County is pleased to confirm that, as of the 2014/15 season, the Total Hire & Sales South Stand will become a ‘home fans only’ area of the iPro Stadium.

The Club introduced its ‘South Stand Project’ at the beginning of the 2013/14 season and were able to move home fans for certain games to part of the Total Hire & Sales South Stand.

Some 2,000 supporters relocated their season tickets to that particular area and individual match ticket sales have also proved to be popular.

The Club has sought to take the next step in the project during recent months and revealed its desire to have around 4,500 home fans situated in the Total Hire & Sales South Stand to build on what has already been achieved so far.

One of the stand-out positives as a result of the move has been a much-improved atmosphere throughout the stadium, which has been recognised by Head Coach Steve McClaren and his playing squad.

From next season away supporters will be housed in the South East Corner of the iPro Stadium.

A letter was recently sent to 3,800 fans that would be affected by what was, at the time, the potential move – and an online survey produced an overwhelming response with 98% of fans in favour of the plans.

After discussions with the Safety Advisory Group and Derbyshire Constabulary on the matter, the Club has now been given permission to make the changes.

Derby County’s Chief Operating Officer John Vicars said: “We felt under the current arrangements we were not making best use of the stadium.

“On occasions when the opposition brought a large support we seemed to be surrendering the initiative in terms of the atmosphere and as such home advantage within the ground – while at other times there has been up to 3,000 empty seats behind the goal.

“From next season this area will be full of home supporters who will I am sure very vocally make their presence felt for the benefit of the team.”

Ahead of next season’s changes, Derby will use the East Midlands derby against Nottingham Forest at the iPro Stadium on Saturday 22nd March 2014 as an opportunity to stage a ‘familiarisation exercise’ for the Police, match stewards and emergency services with the new configuration in place.

This will mean that away supporters for this game will be located in the South East Corner of the stadium and as such the entire Total Hire & Sales South Stand will be available for Rams supporters against the Reds.

Season Ticket Holders located in the South East Corner that will be affected by this switch have been contacted directly by the Club via letter and are being offered the opportunity to relocate to another seat, before tickets go on sale to the general public.

They will also be offered a discount voucher off of their 2014/15 Season Ticket purchase for the inconvenience.

Vicars added: “Whilst we have never mentioned specific numbers in terms of future away ticket allocations we have been clear from very early in the season that the number of seats that we will make available will be significantly reduced from the usual 4,300.

“As a result of our decision to reconfigure the stadium the maximum number of tickets opposition fans will receive will be 2,700 this will apply to the Forest game in March and for next season.”

Derby will provide further news regarding arrangements and ticket details for the game against Nottingham Forest in due course.

http://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/article/south-stand-switch-confirmed-1309920.aspx#VVOFwu0piD19I9kJ.99

"We're the total hire south stand,

The Total Hire & Sales South Stand.

Over here!"

Sound kinda catchy, maybe it will give a hire atmosphere.

"We're the total hire south stand,

Over here!"

Sound kinda catchy, maybe it will give a hire atmosphere.

Surely the hire atmosphere will be in the SE corner where all the rent boys are being moved to

Archived