Away Fans in SE from next season

ossieram

I've seen a few comments on t'interweb saying the away fans were in the south east corner when it first opened, I don't remember that at all.

I sat in the North Stand for the first game (the Wimbledon lights out game) thinking that was going to be the singing section. It took a year or so for everyone to filter into the South East corner but it was quite good in there for a few years. The other side of the south stand was never going to be a proper singing area because it was always sold as single seats rather than STs, they just allocated less seats for sale to Derby fans if the away team had a bigger following.

Maybe you are right, I don't know, but my first ever game at PP was the 4-0 win against Southampton. I was in the East stand slightly south of half way. Now, in my memory (and I've had a long hard life), the 'singing' rams were to my left, and beyond them, there were saints fans in the corner. I can remember them unfurling a banner saying 'Lowe must go' when the third goal was scored. Somewhere, but god knows where, I've got some photos which I took that day.

edit: the south stand towards the SW corner (at that time unfinished) was certainly Derby fans on that day.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some of the current south standees will be relocated. We sit in seats between the two segregation nets and got a letter about the proposed change as we will have to move seats.

If ST prices stay cheap I might get a voucher for money off a cheap ticket. Cool

The voucher is on the back of the letter, £10 adults, £3 off my lads.

'Why not'

If the south stand doesn't work then the atmosphere will never recover.

I hope so - at the very least I'd like to see the team come out at the start and warm up in front of a full noisy South Stand rather than a three-quarters full quiet North Stand.

I remember asking Glick once why they always go the end away from the atmosphere at the start and he said "because of the way the dressing rooms are arranged" – or some such nonsense.

I just remember the good old days when we'd pump up the players pre-kick off by chanting their names. Never happens now as they're right up the other end and the PA is pumping muzak the whole time

The dressing rooms are the other way round - the home dressing room is on the South side, the away and referees room on the north side of the tunnel. Make of that what you will

I wonder if Alberts got any stats on how we do when kicking towards the North stand in the first half. My guess is not very well

I hope the bottom section of the stand will be a standing section come the start of next season. Then the season after next the entire stand is non standing. 

?

I'd quite like to see the club make one half of the stand restricted to 16 year old and over, and say they will turn a blind eye to standing, and then make the other half available for families as such.

Regardless of the prices etc this is a massive step forward in terms of improving the atmosphere. 

I hope so - at the very least I'd like to see the team come out at the start and warm up in front of a full noisy South Stand rather than a three-quarters full quiet North Stand.

I remember asking Glick once why they always go the end away from the atmosphere at the start and he said "because of the way the dressing rooms are arranged" – or some such nonsense.

I just remember the good old days when we'd pump up the players pre-kick off by chanting their names. Never happens now as they're right up the other end and the PA is pumping muzak the whole time

Speaking of music. I contacted the club. They are getting back in the sound system auditors with a view to turning it down. Should see a big difference for the QPR game apparently.

The dressing rooms are the other way round - the home dressing room is on the South side, the away and referees room on the north side of the tunnel. Make of that what you will

I wonder if Alberts got any stats on how we do when kicking towards the North stand in the first half. My guess is not very well

That's what I thought – it still makes no sense why they run to the North end of the pitch at the start. Our dug-out is also on the south side.

I hope they will change this and warm up at the South end once the stand is full of DCFC fans.

Have we always warmed up at the North end of Pride Park? I'm sure I can picture it being the other way round back when we first moved

That's what I thought – it still makes no sense why they run to the North end of the pitch at the start. Our dug-out is also on the south side.

I hope they will change this and warm up at the South end once the stand is full of DCFC fans.

Have we always warmed up at the North end of Pride Park? I'm sure I can picture it being the other way round back when we first moved

I seem to remember it was the other end too, but then again I'm old and senile.

Speaking of music. I contacted the club. They are getting back in the sound system auditors with a view to turning it down. Should see a big difference for the QPR game apparently.

Seems strange they cannot turn it down themselves. I have also made a complaint to the club this past week which has been acknowledged.

What makes me laugh is in the FA Cup you got 5,000(?) Chelsea fans all stood in the South Stand.

Last year or whatever 7,000 stood at the emirates

4,000+ Hammers stood in the City ground.

Up and down the country on FA Cup weekends entire stands are populated by fans standing up.

Hello?

Has nobody with a shiny badge spotted this?

No deaths. No incidents.

It's almost as if people can be trusted to stand up straight for an hour and a half on their own.

But we haven't got standing because its dangerous.

I'm actually standing up right now while I'm typing this. I am proper fookin crazy though.

With the safe standing arrangements it would be much safer than standing in a seated area as well

The other thing for me is that there are people who want to sit down but can't because others are standing. If you have an area for those who want to stand then everyone is happy 

Archived