Dawkins...

CapeTownRams

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sometimes wonder what you lot want from a winger adapting to English football and playing in one of the best teams in the Championship. 

The lad has been thrown into a level he's never consistently played at before, and even the least easily pleased fan could concede he's not looked totally out of his depth. 

I thought he was arguably our best player yesterday, causing Yeovil all sorts of trouble. Yeovil crowded the box out to a ridiculous standard, yet he got an assist, had a couple of shots on target, and hit the post. He's also played in the majority of the games in our decent run, contributed the team with the most goals in the Championship, whilst grabbing a few himself. End product enough for me!

If you want Nathan Tyson back, that's fine, but Dawson is what a decent winger plays like at this level.

We're not in the Premier League yet.

This was such a good post until you got his name wrong...

:p

Aaron Lennon has made a Premiership, European and International career out of having a quite terrible end product. Do Spurs fans nitpick over his every contribution or do they appreciate he's a positive player who can make things happen even if he doesn't often provide the killer ball.

I can count on one hand the number of times Dawkins gave the ball away last night (shots off target, shots saved, passes misplaced, times tackled) but would need an flipping abacus just watching the extended highlights on the official site to count up how often he received the ball, moved play further up the field and played exactly the right pass to a supporting team mate.

It's like any good build up play that doesn't result in a goal doesn't count as good play.

To suggets he 'never' looks up is stupid and one of the football fan habits that pisses me off. They take something that happens 3 times out of 10 and turn it into the thing that happens EVERY TIME.

Simon Dawkins makes things happen, whether he plays the final ball or not.

Not according to mostyn. Your stats must be wrong. Please go back to Finland or where ever you come from..... :lol:

Well, we all know Hughes IS the best player, but he certainly didn't play best last night. He was lightweight, neglected to put a foot in about 12 times when he should have, misplaced about 10 passes, refused to shoot, didn't see a couple of easy through balls and generally struggled to control the ball in the rain! hahaha

He had seven passes that went wrong for a number of reasons. Some misplaced, others not read by other players. Overall a 90% pass success rate. I thought he was excellent and vital in Derby playing a patient game. His contribution for Bryson's goal was outstanding.

"http://d3j5vwomefv46c.cloudfront.net/photos/large/835935780?1390950505" alt="835935780?1390950505">

Archived