Dawkins...

CapeTownRams

Bryson is a better athlete and has developed good timing, but his ceiling, you'd imagine, has been reached.

Martin lacks the levels of skill and composure of Hughes.

Hughes ONLY lacks pace. He's lacking commitment at the moment in my opinion, since the whole Liverpool thing, but we saw last season that he's prepared to crunch players and stick a foot in.

like he did last night for his booking?

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

you mean when he slipped over and bought his man down?

I've done that whilst ice-skating! Doesn't make me Julian *****! lol

Don't think he slipped. He just slid for the block more than anything and the wet surface took him into the man. Hardly a clattering. Wasn't a booking.

you mean when he slipped over and bought his man down?

I've done that whilst ice-skating! Doesn't make me Julian *****! lol

i don't want Hughes to tackle like Julian *****. Messi doesn't does he? Iniesta dunna go flying in.....not sure what point your trying to make.

i don't want Hughes to tackle like Julian *****. Messi doesn't does he? Iniesta dunna go flying in.....not sure what point your trying to make.

why are you bringing Messi and Iniesta into it now? I said he doesn't crunch or put a foot in like last season, you then gave a bad example of him doing so!

why are you bringing Messi and Iniesta into it now? I said he doesn't crunch or put a foot in like last season, you then gave a bad example of him doing so!

Its only a bad example in your opinion.

Hughes is not and never will be a midfield destroyer. I personally wunt judge him on his ability to tackle like Seth Johnson! His contribution to the team is through keeping possession and creating chances.

I think he does it rather well.

so there.

Its only a bad example in your opinion.

Hughes is not and never will be a midfield destroyer. I personally wunt judge him on his ability to tackle like Seth Johnson! His contribution to the team is through keeping possession and creating chances.

I think he does it rather well.

so there.

Now go back to my original statement and tell me what you are disagreeing with then in that case. Cos now you look like you just want to argue with me, but not with what I'm saying.

Funny how we see things differently. For me way too greedy and often too late with the pass but pleased with his first assist for us.

People see things differently - I thought Dawkins was as near to unplayable as it gets.

Don't think I've ever seen a winger receive the ball so many times in so many dangerous situations in the opposing third and do so little. The end result is nothing all too often now. Not for me I'm afraid.

I know who didn't go yesterday.

Sometimes wonder what you lot want from a winger adapting to English football and playing in one of the best teams in the Championship. 

The lad has been thrown into a level he's never consistently played at before, and even the least easily pleased fan could concede he's not looked totally out of his depth. 

I thought he was arguably our best player yesterday, causing Yeovil all sorts of trouble. Yeovil crowded the box out to a ridiculous standard, yet he got an assist, had a couple of shots on target, and hit the post. He's also played in the majority of the games in our decent run, contributed the team with the most goals in the Championship, whilst grabbing a few himself. End product enough for me!

If you want Nathan Tyson back, that's fine, but Dawson is what a decent winger plays like at this level.

We're not in the Premier League yet.

I know who didn't go yesterday.

Well then you tell that to all the people sat where I do. First half his positioning was terrible. Second half he was much better but in the final third he is a let down. More often than not it is because of his left foot. He will switch into a position when beating a man where by he needs to use it and then suddenly realizes he doesn't have one. 

He doesn't need to be capable of a 50 yard pass with his left just simple passing and control. I know exactly the problem and it is his balance. Work on his balance and he will be fine. 

Bryson is a better athlete and has developed good timing, but his ceiling, you'd imagine, has been reached.

Martin lacks the levels of skill and composure of Hughes.

Hughes ONLY lacks pace. He's lacking commitment at the moment in my opinion, since the whole Liverpool thing, but we saw last season that he's prepared to crunch players and stick a foot in.

Thought Hughes was top class last night myself just wish we could teach him to take better set pieces but then that goes for a lot of our players. Up until Bryson's decisive delivery at the end I thought our corners and free kicks were quite poor again

Archived