Dawkins...

CapeTownRams

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sure they'll work on that.

Frightening prospect if he could add that to his game and widen his options even further.

He has it in the locker I reckon.

At Blackburn do you remember he came up against their RB 1 on 1 faked inside and went onto his left foot fizzed the ball across goal and Hughes just couldn't get anything on it while being pressured by Spurr. I think he should use his left foot more now we have Martin and Bamford arriving to latch onto the crosses.

Don't think I've ever seen a winger receive the ball so many times in so many dangerous situations in the opposing third and do so little. The end result is nothing all too often now. Not for me I'm afraid.

Don't think I've ever seen a winger receive the ball so many times in so many dangerous situations in the opposing third and do so little. The end result is nothing all too often now. Not for me I'm afraid.

Can't have been watching Derby very long then.

Dawkins was MOTM for me last night.

I thought Dawkins was good, but can understand where CBE is coming from.

fizzled and popped more last night, but could have and perhaps should have done more with his end product. I am sure it will come. I just think Dawkins and Fozzie are very much diamonds in the rough and they'll blossom into very good players, or at least I home so.

Funny how we see things differently. For me way too greedy and often too late with the pass but pleased with his first assist for us.

That is how I saw it.

He had some good runs. He battled well. On a dry pitch the ball out to Bamford that went to the keeper would have been brilliant. But he just tries to cut in and shoot too many times. Reminds me of Ward a little a couple of seasons ago. A couple of times he tried to do too much, take an extra player on. And when ball came to him in the box unmarked second half he needed to shoot first time but took a touch and trued to take on 2 defenders and had a shot blocked.

Wasn't the best player on the pitch, that was Hughes, but certainly had a good game.

That is how I saw it.

He had some good runs. He battled well. On a dry pitch the ball out to Bamford that went to the keeper would have been brilliant. But he just tries to cut in and shoot too many times. Reminds me of Ward a little a couple of seasons ago. A couple of times he tried to do too much, take an extra player on. And when ball came to him in the box unmarked second half he needed to shoot first time but took a touch and trued to take on 2 defenders and had a shot blocked.

Wasn't the best player on the pitch, that was Hughes, but certainly had a good game.

I'd have said Bryson. 

:lol:

that's Bamford, Dawkins, Hughes and now Bryson for MOTM award.

That is how I saw it.

Well, we all know Hughes IS the best player, but he certainly didn't play best last night. He was lightweight, neglected to put a foot in about 12 times when he should have, misplaced about 10 passes, refused to shoot, didn't see a couple of easy through balls and generally struggled to control the ball in the rain! hahaha

Well, we all know Hughes IS the best player, but he certainly didn't play best last night. He was lightweight, neglected to put a foot in about 12 times when he should have, misplaced about 10 passes, refused to shoot, didn't see a couple of easy through balls and generally struggled to control the ball in the rain! hahaha

well, if that's your assessment of Hughes' game last night then if you aren't already, become a devout Christian. Pray for some eyes :D

Hey it's an improvement!! :p

You reckon?

Very big call that, I certainly wouldn't say so.

Bryson and Martin by a stretch for me. 

You reckon?

Very big call that, I certainly wouldn't say so.

Bryson and Martin by a stretch for me. 

Bryson is a better athlete and has developed good timing, but his ceiling, you'd imagine, has been reached.

Martin lacks the levels of skill and composure of Hughes.

Hughes ONLY lacks pace. He's lacking commitment at the moment in my opinion, since the whole Liverpool thing, but we saw last season that he's prepared to crunch players and stick a foot in.

Archived