Dawkins...

CapeTownRams

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We have played basically the same team throughout December up to now. I dont think its to do with him taking his foot off the pedal because he now has a contract but because he is tired. Just like the rest of the team. Hughes, Ward, Dawkins, Martin all look tired at the moment. 

Dont forget this is probably Dawkins' first season where he has played week in week out at an intensity like the championship, so maybe its starting to catch him up now. 

All the look of a player who tried really hard to earn a transfer/contract and once he has then takes his foot off the pedal. Two games in a row when he has offered zero.

Let's hope I am wrong.

Hughes, Bryson, Ward and Martin all guilty of two games looking like they're offering nothing.

All the look of a player who tried really hard to earn a transfer/contract and once he has then takes his foot off the pedal. Two games in a row when he has offered zero.

Let's hope I am wrong.

I thought that he was our only attacking threat in the first half.

I think this criticism of Dawkins is uncalled for. The very nature of his game means he will drift in and out of games. I think he's shown a lot of promise, skill, pace, good passing moves, etc. He is always an option, doesn't have to start every game, can also be a lively option from the bench. I'm glad we've got him in the squad.

So is Dawkins the scapegoat from now until the end of the season, or is it just for this week?

Make your bloody mind up people. I thought it was always Ward's fault when it wasn't Sammon's. Wind must have changed.

So is Dawkins the scapegoat from now until the end of the season, or is it just for this week?

Make your bloody mind up people. I thought it was always Ward's fault when it wasn't Sammon's. Wind must have changed.

I think Forsyth will come back in from 5/1 to about Evens [he 's most people's "favourite"]; Grant's a good bet if he fumbles the ball and it goes in; on the outside look for Martin and Bryson if their goals dry up; Hughes is showing some possibilities too. Crikey, there's loads to moan about. And don't start me on Buxton and Keogh - drop them both now :)

Well my missus who knows naff all about football but has to endure FLS on a Sunday morning in bed [only when we win] said Derby looked slow and not interested.

Apart from the really young players, I don't really buy the tired /leggy bit ,its the same for every team and our squads not bad now,I have thought for a few games noe we have'nt worked hard enough. Great three points though .

Well my missus who knows naff all about football but has to endure FLS on a Sunday morning in bed [only when we win] said Derby looked slow and not interested.

Apart from the really young players, I don't really buy the tired /leggy bit ,its the same for every team and our squads not bad now,I have thought for a few games noe we have'nt worked hard enough. Great three points though .

I don't think it should be an excuse either. I think it's more of an observation that we are not working as hard.

I think its a couple of things.

1 our passing has declined slightly which we can't help too much.

2 Then because we are having statistically less possession we are chasing shadows more and therefore getting tired.

yes this should not be an excuse but if it is the case why are we not utilising the squad more. Giving the likes of Hughes and Bryson a rest when needed. afterall we do have Jeff Hendrick on the bench. in fact our bench is quality. 

I don't think it should be an excuse either. I think it's more of an observation that we are not working as hard.

I think its a couple of things.

1 our passing has declined slightly which we can't help too much.

2 Then because we are having statistically less possession we are chasing shadows more and therefore getting tired.

yes this should not be an excuse but if it is the case why are we not utilising the squad more. Giving the likes of Hughes and Bryson a rest when needed. afterall we do have Jeff Hendrick on the bench. in fact our bench is quality. 

It's also a confidence thing. Players were hiding behind their markers and not moving first half

I'm sure all managers do their homework. They know that they have to play let's say, a spoiling or containing game, and stop us playing our flowing, passing game. In other words, they're sussing us out.

It's now up to big Mac to have a plan B, or even C to counter it. We hardly seemed to get going yesterday, but good to see attackers coming on late on, rather than a defensive 'lets hold on to what we've got' attitude.

Archived