James Bailey welcome back

Uptherams

PistoldPete2

Bailey looked fantastic.

Do we need to look elsewhere for that holding/defensive midfielder? 

Welcome back tanman

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What everyone is forgetting is what Eustace does especially well, the ugly side of the game. Eustace can win balls back and is a hard tackling midfielder. He may not be as good a 'passer' as Bailey but is a much better CDM. Bailey is a good option to have on the bech when we are under the cosh in the last 20 minutes as he holds the ball well and retains possession. However he hasn't got the build or tackling ability to dispossess Eustace of his position at the minute.

The only reason I think Nigel left him out was because he played exactly the same for us as he did for Crewe, despite being told and spoken about on the radio... near perfect passing, puts an amazing lob, cross field or through ball in and he's off with the fairies. That's what frustrated the Crewies summat stupid and probably Clough too.

Looked good today though and maybe he could fit in perfectly with what we've got going on at the moment.

Fair play to him as he's stuck about and hasn't moaned one bit.

Eustace can't tackle a man running at him, got skipped past again today, gets caught flat footed a bit.

He had already been booked, so I can see why didn't go flying in.

What a love in this is.

Bailey got 10 minutes at the end of a game that was all but over when he came on. The only reason he was given game time was to save the genuine first teamers legs for Friday.

He wasn't in Clough's plans and it's pretty clear that McClaren doesn't rate him too highly either.

How anyone can judge a player based on a ten minute spell when the opposition have the game won and are willing to concede possession to us is beyond me.

Get him off the wage bill and let's find other players that can take the club forward.

oh come on! Even if he wanted to put a tackle in, he was on his heels and would only have stuck a foot out once the player was already 10 yards past him!

Oh come on what?

I said "I can see why he didn't go flying in" and you see that as a point of ridicule?

Score yourself an internet point Mostyn, because I really can't be arsed.

Oh come on what?

I said "I can see why he didn't go flying in" and you see that as a point of ridicule?

Score yourself an internet point Mostyn, because I really can't be arsed.

it's not about flying in! Where does 'flying in' come into making a tackle. He was side-stepped by Cywka last week and then again yesterday, both times he was statuesque on his heels. He's surprised me this season with his influence and performances, but I am now seeing a 50-60 minute man, and I'm not sure we can continue to carry that.

internet point? You spend too much time at the computer Eddie, doing your lolcats!

What a love in this is.

Bailey got 10 minutes at the end of a game that was all but over when he came on. The only reason he was given game time was to save the genuine first teamers legs for Friday.

He wasn't in Clough's plans and it's pretty clear that McClaren doesn't rate him too highly either.

How anyone can judge a player based on a ten minute spell when the opposition have the game won and are willing to concede possession to us is beyond me.

Get him off the wage bill and let's find other players that can take the club forward.

So a frozen out player, get's a squad number, the coaches say he's unlucky that injury has stopped him already playing under McClaren, he gets on the pitch ahead Cisse, who was signed by McClaren, yet YOU conclude he's not rated??

I'd like to know how you come to this theory.

There's infinitely more sense in lolcats than there is reading Mostyn's ridiculous diatribe ripping Hughes to pieces because he's not as good as Oscar, Hazard and Willian.

What a love in this is.

Mcsilks my old son. You are very critical.

Perhaps bailey did come on to save eustace's legs......but he didn't look out of place and did well.

We will see whether this brief cameo leads to more game time.

Same goes for bennett.

But there are no grounds for declaring that mcclaren doesn't rate bailey or that we should get rid.

He's another young player who for whatever reason had been somewhat excluded by the previous manager.

No reason to carry that nonsense forward with the new regime.

Lighten up.

Archived