James Bailey welcome back

Uptherams

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We've got ourselves an incredible Management set up. Simpson would have been a decent manager on his own IMO, so the combination of him and Macca are excellent. 

Top notch academy, training facilities, and stadium. 

Two or three improvements per transfer window, and we're 2 or 3 transfer windows from a very very very good side. 

Lots of black and white thinking here. You could say Eustace's lack of legs is why he has struggled against better sides. Surely that's one of the reason's but it's just half true. IMO bigger reason is our deep defensive line when defending. And when our defenders are as slow as they are, we have to play that way. Deep line demands too much from movement from 1 DM, no matter who he is. That's the main reason I've wanted different CB's, to help midfielders (who could help attackers more). Build from back to be better in attack etc..

Saying that Bucko was immense, MOM for me. One man's loss is another man's gain, have to remember that.

Ps. I would not hesitate putting Bailey on for last minutes especially. There tends to be more room and time with the ball and the ability he has with it, could be pivotal.

Fair point. Thing is who would you change in our defence?

For me Eustace was exposed yesterday purely due to the class of opposition, they carried the ball quickly and their decisions making was much quicker than any Champ team (obviously).

He does not play against players as clever or quick as that week in week out, so it is not as huge concern in the short term. Although I would like to see a more mobile CDM bought in to share the burden with him. 

I don't think throughout his career Hargreaves worked with any coaches, only physio's.

42 England caps doesn't suggest an injury plagued career, but then you see only 199 club appearances... such a shame really. Good allround footballer.

For me Eustace was exposed yesterday purely due to the class of opposition, they carried the ball quickly and their decisions making was much quicker than any Champ team (obviously).

He does not play against players as clever or quick as that week in week out, so it is not as huge concern in the short term. Although I would like to see a more mobile CDM bought in to share the burden with him. 

Cwyka did him completely the other week. 

Thats almost 2 identical moves that have shown him to be static. 

I ain't blaming the lad. He is at the end of his career and his knees are knackered. I think we'll see alot more of Bailey. 

So Bailey was good with his nice distribution and giving players time and space on the ball with his good pass selection but Hughes has been average?

Bailey didnt cross the halfway line? Hughes did all this under pressure?

What scale do we judge our players on because it doesn't seem equal?

So Bailey was good with his nice distribution and giving players time and space on the ball with his good pass selection but Hughes has been average?

Bailey didnt cross the halfway line? Hughes did all this under pressure?

What scale do we judge our players on because it doesn't seem equal?

I am not slagging off Hughes. I don't think he's been as good since all this Liverpool talk began. But he's by no means been dreadful. 

But I think comparing a lad that is rated at 10-15m quid and future superstardom, to a lad that hasn't played for the club since 2012, having been frozen out by the previous 'regime', is always going to be difficult. 

Of course more will be expected of Hughes. I think we're disappointed by a future superstar not playing amazingly well, and excited by an apparently forgotten lad, coming on and looking solid against a Chelsea first team. 

How we plan to play is pretty big factor... Im afraid only Wisdom would be up to modern pressing game. But of course we can stick with the one we're having now, just need to get counter attacks working against better teams.

42 England caps doesn't suggest an injury plagued career, but then you see only 199 club appearances... such a shame really. Good allround footballer.

I really liked him during his Bayern days, was probably for me our best player at the 2006 World Cup. The move to Manure and only 20 odd appearances in 4 years ruined him, such a shame, bit like our Seth, both retired before their time, two defensive midfielders who are both younger that Eustace who isn't doing too bad in todays Championship.

Archived