2014 Formula One Championship

Day

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Best race I've seen for ages. Watch that you ginger doubters.

Course I watched it. Cracking race, no complaints from me today.

Glad common sense is prevailing as well and they're planning to do something about the sound.

This sound argument isn't half dull. They could be completely silent if there is more actual overtaking and excitement in the race. When you have to get that tingly sensation in your groin from the sound of it, then there's something majorly wrong in the sport.

Great race at the weekend, but still a little alarming that all the other teams were so far behind.

This sound argument isn't half dull. They could be completely silent if there is more actual overtaking and excitement in the race. When you have to get that tingly sensation in your groin from the sound of it, then there's something majorly wrong in the sport.

Great race at the weekend, but still a little alarming that all the other teams were so far behind.

I take your point for TV viewers but I can't see people being that bothered about going if the cars were silent. I don't think I would. The sound is a big part of the experience and TV never captures it. If there's no sound to capture, there would literally be no point in going to see a race live.

F1 cars have been damaging ears for half a century now, there's nothing wrong with that. Take the sound away and you lose a lot of the "wow" factor, and that's all F1 is about really. Excess and speed.

Archived