2014 Formula One Championship

David

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Caterham F1 have today announced Kamui Kobayashi and Marcus Ericsson as their 2014 race drivers, and in doing so have completed this year’s Formula One grid.

http://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2014/01/kobayashi-and-ericsson-complete-2014-grid-van-der-garde-takes-reserve-role-at-sauber/

Caterham last season in F1?

"If we are still at the back at the end of this year we won't carry on" - Tony Fernandes.

There seems little motivation for new teams to enter the fray - F1 development is the proverbial black hole for money, and all the teams at the back of the field seem to do, other than nurture newer drivers, is to make up the numbers. Bye bye, Fernandes.

I think the bog teams should frank up with small ones. A bit like red bull did with torro Rossi. Share information and development, maybe even staff. It would cut costs too.

I remember Brian Henton trying to make his way in F1 as an independent. Probably as good a driver as anyone out there, but his pockets just weren't deep enough.

There seems little motivation for new teams to enter the fray - F1 development is the proverbial black hole for money, and all the teams at the back of the field seem to do, other than nurture newer drivers, is to make up the numbers. Bye bye, Fernandes.

To be fair, the FIA hasn't opened up any new entry slots since 2009 anyway.

The search has began and there's talk of an owner of a NASCAR team applying for an extra entry.

New rules are like pressing a reset button. I'd be surprised if Caterham were that slow this year.

Archived