2014 Formula One Championship

David

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/26461423

F1 race could be held in Azerbaijan - Bernie Ecclestone

Bernie Ecclestone says a race in Azerbaijan could be on the Formula 1 calendar as early as 2015.

The F1 chief executive said discussions over a street circuit race in the capital of Baku would take place on Thursday.

The 83-year-old said: "We're having a look to see if we can get it done for next year."

Ecclestone said there would be no race in India until at least 2016 after New Delhi was cut from the 2014 schedule.

The Englishman said in November that a deal had been done for the Indian Grand Prix to return in 2015 if tax problems with the country's authorities could be overcome.

But on Wednesday he said that India would not feature on next year's race calendar.

Won't happen (hopefully).

If you're a country with oil, you're a country with money. Often with more money than sense. Bernie sniffs these states out and convinces them they will need a GP to enhance their reputation abroad.

If Bernie thinks there's money to be made, it will happen.

Agree that I don't want it to happen, I just don't have a good feeling.

I know it's very minor.. but what's with the numberings?

Obviously Vettel gets no1 as he was Champion last season.. but Bottas has 77, Sutil 99, and there isn't a no.2.

:huh:

Drivers select a number for their entire career, and they get the option of number 1 as reigning champion. New for this year.

Archived