2014 Formula One Championship

David

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

McLaren to win the title I reckon.

Only team to race today in launch configuration. No upgrades yet, and were competetive

Mercedes to di what Brawn did when the team first started. Gain a jump on the rest due to new rules and others to catch them up during the season

No chance.

Red Bull or Mercedes for me and don't count out the Italians.

Ferrari will come in to this late as they always do.

No chance.

Red Bull or Mercedes for me and don't count out the Italians.

Ferrari will come in to this late as they always do.

Maclaren seem more reliable, have good pace in a car with no updates yet. The others have updates but issues behind the scenes. I think Maclaren with an active Ron Dennis will develop as quick as the others if not quicker.

McClaren seem more reliable, have good pace in a car with no updates yet. The others have updates but issues behind the scenes. I think McClaren with an active Ron Dennis will develop as quick as the others if not quicker.

I think today they where lucky particularly Button with the safety car and being cute with tyre changes .

Nice for Button to do well for his father.

But you have a point .

I just can't see beyond Red Bull , Mercedes and Ferrari though but I'm not saying your wrong.

Ricciardo disqualified for breach of fuel flow limit.

Revised order Rosberg 1st, Magnussen 2nd, Button 3rd, Alonso 4th, Bottas 5th, Hulkenberg 6th, Kimi 7th, Vergne 8th, Kvyat 9th, Perez 10th.

50th podium for Jenson Button, had to wait over a year for it since winning the last race of 2012.

After no podiums for McLaren in the whole of 2013, they get two in the first race.

Williams also double their points tally from last season already.

Red bull have appealed. Here's Horners quote

we could see a significant discrepency between what the sensor was reading and what our fuel flow was stated as

Seems to me they have totally disregarded the possibility that their system could be the faulty one. They may have set their system to be atca certain fuel flow (hence the stated as comment) but due to a system fault the actual rate could be different.

no other team has complained about errors in the FIA system

No one's complained officially, but it's widely accepted that the FIA's censor isn't as accurate as it could be. They had quite a few issues with it in testing. I remember at one point there weren't even enough to go round - Red Bull were using one borrowed from Porsche's Le Mans car.

The difference is with Red Bull is that the other teams have made an off-set in their fuel flow to account for the inaccuracy in the FIA's sensor. Most teams have accepted that they weren't running at maximum fuel flow but accepted the problem was the same for everyone. Red Bull were arrogant and thought they were different, and ignored warnings. The DSQ was deserved IMO.

They need to use a common sensor, otherwise different equipment produce different readings.

If all teams are in the same boat then that's fair. If the sensors are used in other formulas too then I can't see a grounds for appeal.

Exactly, I really don't see how they have a leg to stand on. The FIA have made it clear to Le Mans and F1 teams that they have a sensor, and that's what they will take their readings from. If that sensor says they're putting too much bang into their engine, then they get penalised.

It smacks of arrogance on Red Bull's part. It may well be that their equipment is more accurate, but that's besides the point.

Red Bull threatening to pull out of the lose appeal.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula-one/26721387

Also

"You have to make F1 like it used to be - the top discipline of motorsports,"

In recent years, the only place where F1 a top discipline was in aero, these new power units are now 21st century tech and the only reason why RB are upset over it is because aero RB's strength is no longer the key factor.

-----------------------

Hopefully the FiA has some backbone and call their bluff.

Archived