2014 Formula One Championship

Day

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How the frick did Button finish 4th and I posted that after lap 1.

Well done Ricciardo,

I know you did, I hope Perez gets a penalty. There's no way a car in frint of him should pull away in the breaking zone for a corner.

Slow and steady doesn't always win the race but make sure you finish. Button is mr reliable.

Could haven very nasty. career threatening to be hit at that speed.

Perez had brake issues, idiotic to defend, he lost the podium before too.

He certainly did have break issues - they made him slow down more than on any other lap and car in front pulled away from him while braking.

Brundel saying it was 6 and two threes, ****** I watched it twice and Vettel shot away, so either Perez breaker really early or really hard. Either way its dangerous.

Perez got a 5 place grid penalty next race for deviating from the racing line under breaking.

Force India arguing it was Massa who turned into him because they have a photo of him with right hand turn on the steering wheel. Considering he's pulled out left he would need right turn to point the car back in the right direction before straightening his wheels.

From the images it looks as if Perez follows Vettel's line. I thought this penalty was harsh, surely if you're under threat, you're going to look to come off the racing line to defend...

That's different to veering under breaking. He may have taken a different line and then when breaking veered from it.

• 2 weeks later...

F1 yet again with a stupid rule.

Formula 1 is set for standing starts from the grid following safety cars in 2015, AUTOSPORT can reveal.

Following discussions between teams about ways to improve the show, one idea that has gained momentum in recent weeks is to overhaul the way that races resume after caution periods.

There is a consensus that the current rolling restarts with the leader dictating the pace do not provide enough excitement.

Sources have revealed that during this week's F1 Commission meeting at Biggin Hill, a proposal to scrap the current format for 2015 and change it to grid starts after safety cars was approved.

The idea is that from next year, once lapped cars have been allowed to unlap themselves, cars will form up on the grid once a safety car period has ended.

There will then be the same procedure of a standing start as happens at the beginning of races.

The hope is that there will be more chance of positions changing, with the spectacle of a standing start producing more drama than rolling starts do.

The rule change still needs to be ratified at the FIA World Motor Sport Council meeting in Munich next week, but this will be a formality now that the F1 Commission has backed it. 

Why not just red flag the race, will get the more green laps rather than several laps under the SC, also why can't they use slow zones on pit lane limiter like Le Mans (thought I'd hate it, but it worked), any breach instant DSQ, seems fair but F1 isn't always about fairness.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/114529?_ga=1.233122078.1804648546.1401018361

An all Williams front row in Austria!

Massa on pole for the first time since Brazil 2008, Bottas 2nd, Rosberg 3rd, Alonso 4th, Ricciardo 5th, Magnussen 6th, Kvyat 7th, Raikkonen 8th, Hamilton 9th, Hulkenberg 10th

Hamilton blow two chances to take pole, running wide and having an illegal lap then a spin.

First all Williams front row since Germany in 2003, in the days of Montoya and Ralf Schumacher,

Archived