Barnsley away 29th

Srg

I can't believe that team got promoted. The season that followed is no surprise really, is it?

Not really. Clod, Todd, Bob and Mo were probably a backward step.

Cheers, Billy you ****.

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was sat in the stand to the side in the 2007 one so buzzing to be behind the goal for this one. Can still remember the second goal by Oakley vividly. Atmosphere was unreal! To be honest the team that day was bang average:

Stephen Bywater

Jay McEveley

Darren Moore

Dean Leacock

Tyrone Mears

Matt Oakley

Darren Currie

David Jones

Craig Fagan

Giles Barnes

Jon Macken

I remember being sat in an Irish bar, in chilly Bratislava, on a mates stag do waiting for texts from back home.  Shots all round once the final whistle had blown!

As for that team, it's no wonder King Bill-eh has fooked it up so many times in the play offs.  We were obviously an anomaly when it comes to his brand of solid at the back/hoofball paying dividends.  If he got that load of bang average players (Oakley, Howard & Jones and maybe Pesch apart) to win football matches he'd make a better living as a motivational speaker...

Just never made sense that we have the same size fanbase of our East Midlands rivals yet they were regularly taking 1800 and 2000 people and we were looking for excuses. It was always about how we played. Nobody liked to say it though.

You sure about that?  I remember it being said week-in week-out.

John Vicars@johnrvicars

Just spoken to CEO at Barnsley who is talking to S Yorks Police today about chance of more tickets for us - know more later this afternoon

Hey, police, let us have more tickets or me and my mates are going in the home end, and we're double hard, on your head be it

Poor communication from our ticket office over these tickets. Mind you they better get used to us buying a lot more away tickets in the future so this is a wake up call! Sort it out! :D

If you have twitter they have set up a ticket office page in the past few days which means they can update us when they have tickets and answer fans questions. that's how I found out about the tickets anyway. got mine no problem :p

Archived