Crotch v Groves

PrivateDerby

No interest in boxing at all, but curious about the crowd figure. They say 80,000, but I ppresume there are seats on the pitch. So do they not use the top tier of seating or something? If the stands were full, plus people on the pitch, I'd have thought well over 100,000 would be possible.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No interest in boxing at all, but curious about the crowd figure. They say 80,000, but I ppresume there are seats on the pitch. So do they not use the top tier of seating or something? If the stands were full, plus people on the pitch, I'd have thought well over 100,000 would be possible.

I thought this

I dont think the top tier has been fully sold out due to restrictions placed by the council etc

I thought this

I dont think the top tier has been fully sold out due to restrictions placed by the council etc

Correct; they expect when the tubes are running 24 hours to get a 100k plus crowd.

It's the travel that has restricted the crowd.

Watchin it on Naxi-x

Wonder how many Forest fans will be at Wembley for the first time.

It back up and running now?

What time is K.O UK time? Around 11pm?

Estimated fight times tonight.. 6.30 Joshua v Legg 7pm McDonnell v Rachawat 8pm Mitchell v Maduma 9pm Degale v Gonzales 10pm Froch v Groves

Joshua aka the hulk very impressive but hardly worth him turning up  1st round knock out

mcdonnell is currently running around the ring in a slow ring with rachasausage (never heard of him but he is 54 fights 52 wins

Correct; they expect when the tubes are running 24 hours to get a 100k plus crowd.

It's the travel that has restricted the crowd.

just seen the bottom of the quadrants are all netted off, odd as i would of thought they would give a better view

As much as I dont want to support Froch he is an east midlander,which I was reminded of earlier. Also he is apparantly as 'hard as nails' 

I think Froch is very fortunate.

He's blessed with having a strong chin, therefore it takes a pretty good puch to floor him. That isn't skill, just luck.

If Amir Khan had Forch's chin he'd probably have fought Floyd Mayweather by now.

That said, he's clearly a very good fighter and his style of dishing out punishement as well as taking it means he's very good to watch for the public. I prefer boxing materclasses, like Floyd Mayweather, but unbelievable defence and movement doesn't really interest those just wanting to see an old-fashioned scrap.

I think Froch is very fortunate.

He's blessed with having a strong chin, therefore it takes a pretty good puch to floor him. That isn't skill, just luck.

If Amir Khan had Forch's chin he'd probably have fought Floyd Mayweather by now.

That said, he's clearly a very good fighter and his style of dishing out punishement as well as taking it means he's very good to watch for the public. I prefer boxing materclasses, like Floyd Mayweather, but unbelievable defence and movement doesn't really interest those just wanting to see an old-fashioned scrap.

Think you're right. People like Froch because he puts on a good fight and there's always carnage in his fights.

Unfortunately, he's a right ***** too. At first I didn't like him cos he was a red dog, then I put that aside and started to despise him for other reasons, like the fact that he's an irritating prat. 

Archived