Crotch v Groves

PrivateDerby

if groves fights him again I can see a totally different fight, I dont like froch and he looked out of depth(funny that he was the champ) but he didnt give groves enough respect and needs to either rematch or retire, I can see him doing the later. 

I feel sorry for groves and he should of at least been given a count... 

I cant believe I am saying this but I fully agree with bris, dodgy all over how eddie hearn can say 'boxing fans were the winner, there has to be a rematch' the only person laughing is him and his bank manager  haha

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I suppose you're right, I don't like to think of boxing as corrupt (I know it is) but then I can't see that stoppage being the start of a new thing in boxing where the fight is stopped because there's a chance he may get hurt... I was smashed watching it but found it on youtube, maybe he should have brought them apart again, had a look, let it continue... but Crotch would have knocked him silly in my mind.

I dont know how anyone can say froch would of done this and done that, 

before the fight If I had offered any odds on him being put down in the first I would of had all of your money!

At the end of the day george groves stepped up and didnt get the chance to fully show us what he was capable of, 

now no matter what he has been beaten and is 6 months minimum behind in his career that doesnt normally last long, 

carl has been banging on about retiring for months, I think this is the excuse he will use, 

time for the new breed to step up 

I dont know how anyone can say froch would of done this and done that, 

before the fight If I had offered any odds on him being put down in the first I would of had all of your money!

At the end of the day george groves stepped up and didnt get the chance to fully show us what he was capable of, 

now no matter what he has been beaten and is 6 months minimum behind in his career that doesnt normally last long, 

carl has been banging on about retiring for months, I think this is the excuse he will use, 

time for the new breed to step up

rubbish Sorry but hindsight is a wonderful thing,

I didnt think It would happen which is what i was trying to say.

groves stepped up,

Im not trying to say I expected it or anything

O sorry but it read that you would have laid Odds on him being put down,sorry for confusion but re read what you posted it seemed that way, my bad

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I think it will be over by the 6th, not sure who to be honest, groves may have stepped up a bit but frotch was v poor on the night.

I think carl frotch is very very arrogant, and in a way it will be a shame the type of fighter he is this is going to be a very messy fight 

Yeah, I do think after all the hype however they will both be a touch nervous for first round (maybe 2). Groves to start strong, Froch starts controlling about round 5/6 and then Groves outta nowhere with this left he has promised. Froch on his back counting sheep (rams!).

Archived