Police warn Derby fans over flares.

ladyram

Due to Derby fans letting off flares/smoke bombs at 3 seperate away matches, DCFC's John Vickers and the police have stated that any Derby fans setting a flare or smoke bomb off at PP this coming Saturday will be arrested.

Haven't got a link at the min, it was on RD this morn.

So if any of you numptys try it, then smile, cos you'll be on camera and carted off. You have been warned.

Ps, don't bother standing anywhere near us and our young lad. Thanks.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Easy way to stop the use of flares/smoke bombs is to make the game more accessible for young fans.

Now a days you can watch football on the continent being played out in a fantastic atmosphere full of noise and colour yet come the weekend here young lads have to pay £30 to sit down and shut up.

Long may the use of pyrotechnics continue in England as big fvck you to the FA, Premier League, Police etc.  

I have no problem with them, suppose its all ok until someone is injured.

Two people have been killed by flares at football matches - one this year. OK it was in South America, but it's still someone's life.

Two people have been killed by flares at football matches - one this year. OK it was in South America, but it's still someone's life.

Probably their heels on their platforms weren't tall enough and we ALL know what a trip hazard that can be!

I remember the Millwall fans setting a red one off on the last of the season last year, prompting a rather amusing round of "You're playing in blue, you're playing in blue, you stupid b*****ds, you're playing in blue" from the SE corner.

i thought it went "you f******g retards"?

Probably their heels on their platforms weren't tall enough and we ALL know what a trip hazard that can be!

The first flare gag left a little to be desired - on this occasion, quit while you are behind.

:p

I know fire safety has improved over the years but 28 years ago Bradford City had a fire at Valley Parade where 56 people died. That was no fun. Like Green Ram said there's no smoke without fire.

Think we're pretty far removed from that!! Everything is concrete nowadays as well, I agree though no one should get injured watching a game of football.

As for the chap who mentioned the singing stand I couldn't agree more. Not noticed any difference in noise

Archived