Police warn Derby fans over flares.

ladyram

In the immortal words of N.W.A, f*ck the police! #NoPyroNoParty

Don't sit near me then, cos I will shop your sorry arse.

...and out of curiosity, does anyone know what chemicals are inside one of these things, especially if they've been bought over the internet? Mmmm?

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

...and out of curiosity, does anyone know what chemicals are inside one of these things, especially if they've been bought over the internet? Mmmm?

surely they'll be listed on the label, in Russian.

:lol:  For the record, I was joking. I couldn't care less if they were banned to be honest.

:lol: For the record, I was joking. I couldn't care less if they were banned to be honest.

Good answer! That's saved your effigy from being chucked on the bonfire anorl.

Now do you want onions on that hotdog?

Got no strong view on them either way but I'm not sure why you'd risk getting thrown out when you've paid £30 for a ticket! Maybe I'm turning into a boring git.

People are trying to recreate atmospheres from years gone by but it doesn't work anymore. Football is quite boring now. Without wanting to sound like Russell Brand football needs a revolution - make it affordable, look after the people who made it what it is, listen to supporters. Clubs are so out

Hit 'go' a bit early!

Clubs are so out of touch with supporters. Engage with them and things like letting off flares might stop.

But until we stop being treated like naughty school children, some people will choose to act like them.

Not that I agree with that. I was stood near the group who let the smoke bomb off at QPR - they wouldn't have been able to tell you the starting 11 on the pitch - barely watched the match. Surely you're time spent letting off a smoke bomb might be better spent shouting up the team?

Derby fans have not used flares this season. Smoke bombs have been let off by Derby fans at our two most recent away games (1 at Watford & 2 at QPR).

I understand why people don't want flares/smoke bombs used at football, but to me its English football fans envying the games in other countries (Germany). The main use for smoke bombs and flares is to add colour to the atmosphere which is dying in England and fans are clutching at straws to try and get some atmosphere back. The FA should look at this and look at why football fans feel the need to help atmosphere.

Personally no problem at all with smoke bombs, not as dangerous as flares and at least at something to the poor atmosphere at English games around the country at the moment.

Archived