Police warn Derby fans over flares.

ladyram

I want more flares/smoke bombs, safe standing and megaphones etc. Football is boring these days, we all pine for the good old days but get all think of the children when it comes to implementation. If you don't want that at say Dortmund you just sit on the other side of the ground simple. Another reason i think atmospheres are crap these days is there are too many games and all the competitions are dominated by clubs with super rich owners.

If you want to eat a packed lunch and have a chat there are plenty of seats in family areas.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Forgive me but getting burnt by a flare what reaches god knows what temp, or being choked out by a smoke bomb isn't going to make the atmosphere better, regardless of wether kids are there or not.

So what about adults with breathing difficulties? Should they be banished to another stand cos they're labelled as boring?

And they could also cause a panic. Not really a nice thought.

But no, I'm not boring, just sensible. Personally I think they're dangerous and won't improve anything, only the risk of getting hurt.

I have been to hundreds of games with smoke bombs/flares set off, they are the norm over here and have been forever.

They defintiely improve the atmosphere and look great.

and in all that time i have never seen anyone hurt or complaining about it...

it is just the typical Sunday school attitude we have in England.

Forgive me but getting burnt by a flare what reaches god knows what temp, or being choked out by a smoke bomb isn't going to make the atmosphere better, regardless of wether kids are there or not.

So what about adults with breathing difficulties? Should they be banished to another stand cos they're labelled as boring?

And they could also cause a panic. Not really a nice thought.

But no, I'm not boring, just sensible. Personally I think they're dangerous and won't improve anything, only the risk of getting hurt.

I personally feel I need a seat belt fitted on my seat at PP.

What happened to the old-fashioned rattle? Not seen one of them in years but they were all the rage at one point

http://www.aftn.co.uk/disappearingworld4.html

I bet the old man at QPR (QPR fan) wishies he didn't have his rattle, horn and etc. To be honest some Derby fans were going well over the top calling him a really bad names etc he was just an odd old man watching his team trying to get their fans going likes . This lad behind him was a d..k shouting out every five minutes and trying to be funny but wasn't and trying to shout things to the players like they'd listen, loved by the Sycophants around him, he seemed to go at half time I was glad. I hate "mega fans"....

I bet the old man at QPR (QPR fan) wishies he didn't have his rattle, horn and etc. To be honest some Derby fans were going well over the top calling him a really bad names etc he was just an odd old man watching his team trying to get their fans going likes . This lad behind him was a d..k shouting out every five minutes and trying to be funny but wasn't and trying to shout things to the players like they'd listen, loved by the Sycophants around him, he seemed to go at half time I was glad. I hate "mega fans"....

Agree - he's an old fella with a hat. Is calling him a c*nt really necessary? Typifies football supporters these days. Sections of our away support are terrible - have been for years.

Flares mean different things in Europe. It's all about colour, showing support for your team. Can the person who let that smoke bomb off on Saturday put their hand on their heart and say it was to show support for Derby?

Scaremongering and exaggeration as you would expect. Smokebombs are flares are not a major safety issue unless thrown about.

It is all about the authorities keeping total control and not upsetting the family image. Like posted before these objects are part of the game on the continent, without major problems.

I love this post, mainly that you've spelt sycophants in Microsoft Word to get the correct spelling and then copied and pasted it back in! :D

Scaremongering and exaggeration as you would expect. Smokebombs are flares are not a major safety issue unless thrown about.

It is all about the authorities keeping total control and not upsetting the family image. Like posted before these objects are part of the game on the continent, without major problems.

Apart from that woman who nearly died of an asthma attack right?

Archived