Police warn Derby fans over flares.

ladyram

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lets block the view of the pitch and build an atmosphere, cus if they score and we can't see the goals, the atmosphere will be BRILLLLLIANT!

Is it me?

No its not just you Boycie. People want to watch the game ffs.

I mean, back in the 70's we used to stop fighting occasionally to watch the footie. Well, once or twice iirc..... :wacko:  :blink:

I went to see AS Roma a few years back and they let off flares where their ultras are (behind the goal) - it added to the spectacle and atmosphere from my perspective. (I was the opposite end of the ground).

I think that until football becomes a less sanitised family sport and has areas of the ground that some people would prefer to avoid (such as the popside) then we won't get the same atmospheres as the past.

As for flares being classed as weapons, that could be construed in all cases. Should we be surrendering all coins as we enter the stadium - could be a weapon. An apple would make a fairly good missile - maybe we should ban them too?

We should be tackling the root cause ahead of attempts to improve enjoyment of the game.

Whilst we are at it, maybe the flag should be banned - it could set of a claustrophobic panic attack...

No its not just you Boycie. People want to watch the game ffs.

I mean, back in the 70's we used to stop fighting occasionally to watch the footie. Well, once or twice iirc..... :wacko: :blink:

To help the atmosphere i reckon the flag needs to be 10x bigger and passed round the ground during the game

I always thought smoke bombs were made of different chemicals to avoid toxic poisoning, it's more visual like fog. Does this lady struggle in the fog?

They're called smoke bombs because that's exactly what they are. It's smoke caused by burning whatever material and dye are inside the unit.

OK, not bothered about a bit of smoke tbf - a flare? hhmm, I presume it has an element of fire to it, bit dangerous but then I was standing on the Popside with everyone smoking round me, had many a fag burn in my Harrington (bstrds).  Im sure a bit of smoke from a smokebomb isn't half as harmful as cigarette smoke and it soon wafts off.

OK, not bothered about a bit of smoke tbf - a flare? hhmm, I presume it has an element of fire to it, bit dangerous but then I was standing on the Popside with everyone smoking round me, had many a fag burn in my Harrington (bstrds).  Im sure a bit of smoke from a smokebomb isn't half as harmful as cigarette smoke and it soon wafts off.

The big problem with flares is when people throw them.

Something burning at over 1000 Celsius - I don't want that heading in my direction.

Flares contribute nowt to the atmosphere surrounding a match. When they are shown where they are a regular feature such as Italy & Eastern European grounds, people gather around them like bonfires and haven't a clue as to what's happening in the game. If you want pyrotechnics, go to a bonfire display!

I'm all for atmosphere, BUT the atmosphere I want is the atmosphere I have previously experienced.

At the BBG, it was singing and chanting, and hostile/intimidating, but we didn't need any visual effects, the impressive things to view should be ON the field of play.

I couldn't give twoshits what happens in Italy and Eastern Europe. So what if they have flares and flags, they also have nazi/fascist chanting, monkey noises, murder outside the grounds, and hatred of authority.

Leave them to it, and it to them.

Us English want a bit of singing and a bit of banter. From EVERYONE.

I'm all for atmosphere, BUT the atmosphere I want is the atmosphere I have previously experienced.

At the BBG, it was singing and chanting, and hostile/intimidating, but we didn't need any visual effects, the impressive things to view should be ON the field of play.

I couldn't give twoshits what happens in Italy and Eastern Europe. So what if they have flares and flags, they also have nazi/fascist chanting, monkey noises, murder outside the grounds, and hatred of authority.

Leave them to it, and it to them.

Us English want a bit of singing and a bit of banter. From EVERYONE.

Well said sir.

Archived