Ian Holloway

Day

Ian Holloway will be sacked by Crystal Palace today after just one victory in his opening eight Premier League games, ITV Football understands.

The club have called a press conference for 5:30pm this evening.

The final straw for Ollie was Monday night's humiliating 4-1 defeat at home to Fulham, when Palace started the match brightly and took a deserved early lead.

Holloway was appointed at Selhurst Park on November 3rd 2012, less than one year ago, and guided them to promotion against all the odds, via the Championship play-offs.

Given the circumstances and his extremely tight budget, many will feel Holloway has not been given a fair chance to turn things around at the club.

Chairman Steve Parish described Holloway as "categorically the right man" to lead Crystal Palace before their defeat to Fulham

More to follow.

http://www.itv.com/sport/football/article/2013-10-23/crystal-palace-sack-ian-holloway-after-one-premier-league-win-in-eight-games/

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ian Holloway will be sacked by Crystal Palace today after just one victory in his opening eight Premier League games, ITV Football understands.

The club have called a press conference for 5:30pm this evening.

The final straw for Ollie was Monday night's humiliating 4-1 defeat at home to Fulham, when Palace started the match brightly and took a deserved early lead.

Holloway was appointed at Selhurst Park on November 3rd 2012, less than one year ago, and guided them to promotion against all the odds, via the Championship play-offs.

Given the circumstances and his extremely tight budget, many will feel Holloway has not been given a fair chance to turn things around at the club.

Chairman Steve Parish described Holloway as "categorically the right man" to lead Crystal Palace before their defeat to Fulham

More to follow.

http://www.itv.com/sport/football/article/2013-10-23/crystal-palace-sack-ian-holloway-after-one-premier-league-win-in-eight-games/

Now THAT would be an injustice and a half.

Not exactly Holloways biggest fan but he doesn't deserve to be sacked under any circumstances.

No he didn't (I don't really agree with any sackings under a year or two) but they were in a better position before Holloway went there last season and they squeezed into the play-offs and won. To be fair his style seems to work in the play-offs but I doubt his all-round abilities as a manager.

Palace have no chance of staying up...

They're one the worst sides ever to be promoted and barely strengthened in the summer.. In fact, in losing Zaha and Murray out for the year they're probably weaker..

They should keep Holloway, he'll give them a chance of going up again next season

Bizarre

they did sign about a million players in the summer.

Dwight Gayle cost about 8 million to.

he's spent money, made them worse.. not bad going. The again, I don't like him - comes across so bitter.

He comes across as a mardy little boy who can't take responsibility for his own inadequacies.

Like most managers.

No he didn't (I don't really agree with any sackings under a year or two) but they were in a better position before Holloway went there last season and they squeezed into the play-offs and won. To be fair his style seems to work in the play-offs but I doubt his all-round abilities as a manager.

I think you're right. The other point that crops up again is that it's becoming suicide for managers to win promotion to the Premiership. Reading and Soton got the knife sharpened last season, Cardiff look to be sharpening it and now Palace. What do they expect? Changing Managers can work sometimes but it's mainly a short term fix ( see Sunderland). As Bris says, bizarre.

I wish them all the worst - and I'm no particular fan of Holloway either.

Hahaha this is the most ridiculous piece of football "management" in ages, Palace were beaten by Fulham yes, Kasami and Sidwell will never score the same type of goals again if they played till they're 90, they've got beaten by Liverpool, Southampton, Man Utd, Swansea, Tottenham all of whom will be challenging at least for Europa cup competition places and the guy gets sacked absolute farce

At least I don't have to watch him being 'hilarious' and having a 'personality'. Camera whore.

Palace will deffo beat our record now. Honeymoon period.

No-one will ever beat our record! 11 points all season, would be equalled by an average Div 1 side. 1 win and 8 draws  :wub: Palace will get between 15 and 25 points.

Getting promotion seems to work against managers in the long run. Seen it quite a few times teams go up and then they can't cope because they are literally out of their league (like we was)  and the manager gets sacked.

Palace were always going to struggle.

Archived